SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
technodiabla

Treatments for large angled bedroom windows

technodiabla
3 years ago

Hello. We are in design stages currently. Our master bedroom is small but one wall is nearly all window and has a lovely forest view (north facing). The ceiling and window tops are angled fairly steeply. The larger picture window is 10'5"H (tall side) x6'W. The smaller one is a casement window 6'6"Hx2'W. They are nearly floor to ceiling. I am unsure how to cover them. Privacy isn't really an issue but we like to black out most light for sleeping purposes. I'd like the option to have them open to take in the view, and also to keep the smaller one open at night to get in fresh cool air. I've looked online at a.) bottom up motorized shades b.) angle top vertical blinds, c.) cellular shades with immobile angle top d.) roman shades with immobile angle top. Does anyone have experience with these and are there size limitations to these options or installation concerns we should be aware of during our design? (Note: same angled windows in the master bathroom (south facing) but smaller. I'm thinking frosted/etched glass for these as they face a street and don't have the same view.)

Comments (2)