SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mina_darabicutlip

Pony Wall between Toilet and Free Standing Tub

Mina Darabi Cutlip
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello Designers!

Updating this post with the advice still needed since so many wonderful comments are helping us with our decision making process.

My husband and I just finished designing our master bathroom remodel and would LOVE to know your thoughts on a few things.

IMAGE:

Our theme is modern farm house.

Opening from bedroom to bathroom is the bottom of the drawing.

The opening to the walk in closet is to the right of the shower.

We have three bathrooms in home so not concerned with more than one person using this bathroom at a time but more around how to best hide toilet.

Decided on no pony wall (thanks all)- instead replacing with a small planter so that toilet is not visible from the free standing tub.

We used to have the bathroom in a separate room and agree that it wasn't as sanitary to be so far from toilet and pocket door was a pain.

Love the idea of more space around toilet and will implement that for sure.

STILL NEED ADVICE HERE

1. Any corner idea solutions for storage of towels, candles, next to tub? Where to buy or build from cedar?

2. Our glass shower door isn't going all the way too ceiling, so trying to decide if we should shorted the shower from current 5'6 (length due to 2 shower heads) and 5'4 depth to ONLY 4'5 depth? This would create more space in area between vanity and shower.

3. Since it's a floating vanity, less storage so still looking for more solutions on how to store towels, TP, etc...candles next to bath. Only thing so far is a corner shelving system I'm thinking of.

4. Placement of glass shower door--it has to be next to one of the walls, just trying to see if it should open across vanity as you enter the bathroom OR if it should open towards the bath near the walk-in closet entrance

Thank you!

Comments (27)