SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_931799248

Suggestions for off-white colour combo to replicate this look?

HU-931799248
3 years ago

Hi there,

I own a little, century old home that I have lived away from (and rented out) for several years and I am about to move back. I will have a 3 week 'window' where it will be empty, and I want to get a fresh coat of paint on the interior while it is. It's only about 900 square feet, so not too much of an investment, but I hope to get something I can live with.

I plan to create and take colour boards over to choose from in the space when the tenants move out, but I am going crazy with all the white and off-white options and am hoping folks can help me narrow down my choices. Here are a couple of 'looks' I like and would like to try to replicate: (Note: please also scroll to see images of my rooms and some extra questions / concerns). Thank you!

I love this gorgeous living room with tonal creams:

OR, this look with white walls and ivory trim:

(I hope it's ok I borrowed the above images, The top is from Casa Forma and the lower from Lauren Liess)

Now for a couple of pics of my space:

My south-facing living room:

And combined kitchen-dining area, with windows to the east:

Extra notes:

- You can largely ignore the furniture in my pics. I do use the camel sofa for a dining bench, but with a sheepskin over top of it. My other dining chairs are light wood (oak) now and covered in an oatmeal fabric; and I also have a bit oatmeal sectional but I think it won't fit in the living room

- You can also ignore the countertops in the kitchen as I will be eventually reconfiguring it to go down the window wall, and will need to swap those out too

- I do have a couple of rugs I hope to use: one emerald green and one deep red. Both vintage.

- I lean toward warm creams and ivories, but when I look at them against my existing furniture and rugs... I am not sure if warm is the best way to go. They look yellowy. I am therefore wondering if I should consider a cooler combination.

I am considering too many colours to list! But possibly a simply white + Navajo OR Dove white + Seapearl OR open to any and all suggestions (they don't have to be BM)

Thank you!

Comments (5)