SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcg123

Whites & Off-whites combo for Classic, Clean, Bright but Warm Kitchen

kmcg123
6 years ago

I'm doing a kitchen refresh. Painting the cabinets (current finish is worn, peeling, etc - painting will be done by a professional painting co that specialized in repainting kitchen cabinets). Also replacing the backsplash. Dark granite counter is staying as is the wood floors.

House is a 1926 Tudor Style. Rest of house is decorated in a more transitional style although dining room fairly traditional as I have my great grandparents dining room furniture.

Kitchen does not get a ton of natural light. Undecided if I want to go off-white - warm white cabinets with a soft white backsplash or white cabinets with a more off white backsplash. I was going to go off white with both but too difficult to get the right combination so I think a bit of contrast will look better and intentional. Which combination do you think would read more classic, bright but warm? I can bring in colors with a window treatment, table runner, etc.

Here' a recent photo -- and yes I will be decluttering to give it the cleaner look I'm after. Shelf is already down.

Backsplash will be from counter to upper cabinets. Where there is no upper cabinet backsplash will go put only 4 inches to window sill. Thinking of painting walls same color as cabinet .

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!