SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_bablabla75

Should I get one Cafe French door oven OR Monogram double wall ovens?

Sarah
3 years ago

We're finally building a house and I have to choose what kind of oven to get in our new kitchen. We're going to have a cooktop and I was planning to have double ovens. However, in looking at the oven options for our builder, it appears that I can either have ONE Cafe French door wall oven or two stacked GE/Monogram wall ovens. I'm having trouble deciding.

For the last twenty years I've lived in small apartments with low-to-medium-quality ovens. I didn't even know French-door ovens were a thing, but they look amazing!

I love cooking and used to cook a lot and entertain in the early 2000s, which is the last time I had the space to do it. But because I've been in tiny apartments for so many years, I almost never entertain now even though I liked it long ago. Our new kitchen will be pretty spacious, so it seemed like double wall ovens were the best option even if I don't use the second one that often. But now that I know French-door ovens exist, I kind of really want one and it seems like it would be really pleasant to use. I was just going to get double French-door ovens, but that is apparently not a choice. Looks like it's just a single French-door oven or double regular ovens. In our current apartment, I probably use our crappy oven here about 4-5 times per week.

We also have an 18-month old and hope to have another, and our house will be closer to relatives than we have been for the last several years. So I expect to be able to cook holiday dinners for 6-10 people once in a while but not too often.

Since I've never had either double ovens or French-door ovens, I would very much appreciate any advice that anybody has to offer on this! Thank you!

Comments (25)