SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ifoco

GE Monogram single wall oven - French doors

ifoco
8 years ago

I've decided to start this thread at the suggestion of jwvideo.

I want to purchase a GE Monogram oven with French doors and wonder if any of you have one and how you like it or not. After doing all of the research, I found a local retailer that carried this particular oven which allowed me to examine it in person. It looked very nice; the handles were thick and sturdy made of heavy duty stainless, well designed; clearly a cut above the standard Cafe oven. The oven had lighting which lit up the back of the oven. The controls were knobs - not an electronic touch pad. The sales man was worthless and knew nothing about the oven only to say it was overpriced. Nice to have someone like that selling products in a retail situation!

Looking at it "live" so to speak, I noticed the racks to be relatively thin and light weight. I managed to speak to the manager who was knowledgeable. When I voiced my concern over the thinness of the racks he explained GE knew how to make lightweight strong metal that withstands high temperatures, i.e. they make airplane engines. I was impressed with the fact the racks as well as the pull out extensions with ball bearings stay in during the cleaning cycle. I did note a tube of graphite comes with the oven to shoot at the ball bearings after self clean cycle or periodically, I forget now how often. The interior is 5 cu ft and you can get large sheet pans into the oven. Of course it has convection, the self clean cycle and a steam clean cycle. I believe it had a proofing cycle. Over all, I was impressed. It does require some rework of my existing rough opening to accept this oven. Thank you in advance for your input.

Inga

Comment