SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosemac_gw

GE French Door Oven and GE 240V Advantium Stacking

moosemac
4 years ago

I am struggling with the height and placement of these two ovens. The installation guide shows the Advantium over the French Door Oven with the French Door Oven only 16"-18" off the floor. I hate this as the oven is too low. I would like to put the Advantium under the French Door Oven so the bottom of the French Door Oven is 2-4" above counter height. It would be much easier to work with for me. I won't be baking heavy items in this oven as I also have an oven in my 36" range.

I called GE and the representative told me they do not recommend the 240V Advantium under counters but they really don't have any recommendation regarding it being installed below another oven. He said to check with the local electrical inspector to see if they had any objections. They did not.

I figured heat buildup might be an issue so even though the recommended spacing between ovens is 2-3" we are going with 4" and making the cabinet wider and deeper to allow for more air flow. This cabinet will be recessed so it lines up with the other base cabinets. The cabinetmaker will beef up the cabinet to be sure there is more than sufficient structure to handle both ovens.

Has anyone ever done this? Your thoughts? Thanks for the help.

Comments (2)