SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jason6534

Going insane: Matching white floor and wall tile (shower)???

J S
3 years ago

I’ve spent the last six months and $150 on samples trying to find a basic white tile that comes in both a shower floor appropriate shape (e.g. hexagon, penny) and a shower wall appropriate shape (e.g. subway) to do a classic bathroom and have somehow come up empty!

Between Wayfair, Home Depot, Lowes, Floor & Decor, and The Tile Shoppe only one store (Tile Shoppe) carried a floor + wall line in the identical glaze/color and of course they had the matching samples in store but the floor tile was discontinued/zero stock.

No problem—I’ll just order a bunch of separate floor and wall tiles and surely two of them will be close if I acquire enough. Aren’t there really only a few “big tile” manufacturers behind all these product lines anyway? Apparently not... across 25 different tiles there are no two that match. This one is cool white, that one is warm. This one is super polished, that one less so. Even from across the room I easily see the differences.

Where am I going awry? I see images of properly matching white floor/wall bathrooms all over the place!

Comments (7)