SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_lagiakos

what to do with this big unsightly junction box???

Rachel L
3 years ago

My contractor left me with this junction box hanging out of the wall in my kitchen. Presumably he intended for it to go in the upper cabinetry, but it is big, ugly, the armored cables are hard to maneuver and is currently placed to sit within the most useful lower shelf of the upper cabinets. 1) I dont want to give up that precious real estate 2) I dont want to see this ugly box. It is there to power the undercabinet lighting and undercabinet plug molds.

Apartment · More Info

I was thinking:

1) I can open up the drywall and attach it to a stud, then cut a hole for the receptacle in the drywall this way I'll only have to deal with an outlet faceplate in the back of the cabinet

2) get it out of this ugly box and try to find a smaller profile junction box, but it still has to accommodate the two armored cables

3) lower it to sit under the upper cabinets, using a nice little junction box like this, but how do I deal with the second armored cable he's got daisy chained off this one? Presumably these little junction boxes wont accommodate the two big cables?

Bazz Under Cabinet Junction Box | Wayfair · More Info

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd be much obliged!!!

Comments (6)