MSI Calacatta Valentin quartz - does anyone have this?

Megan

Does anyone have the MSI Calacatta Valentin (it's a new color I believe) installed in their kitchen? I saw it in the warehouse but the slabs look so much darker on the website so now I'm nervous that maybe it's darker than I thought it was when I saw the slab in person.

SaveComment167Like
Comments (167)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Patricia Colwell Consulting

Really and how will seeing it in someone elses space help. You saw it in person that is what you use not something on line . Is this a new buildor a reno? If a reno post pics of your space . I looked at it online and there is no way to see what it actually looks like in person. BTW quartz is my last choice for counters since real stone just makes so much more sense, polished granite is close to bullet proof and some many nice white ones to choose from.

1 Like Save    
Megan

This is my first post here and I thought this was something I could ask. It's a new color and I have not seen it in anyone's space so I was curious if anyone had used it before. Honestly, the warehouse lighting was so bad that I'm second guessing my choice and was looking for reassurance if someone else had picked it and it was lighter than it's showing on the website. It's a complete gut job so I don't have any photos of my space that would be helpful. Yes, granite would be a better choice but I was not able to find any white ones that are within my budget.

5 Likes Save    
PRO
Patricia Colwell Consulting

Bring home a sample and before doing that make sure all your lighting is LED 4000K and IMO you choose counters after cabinets and flooring. are in or at least you have samples of both of those. Wall color and backsplash are the last items too. Hope that is a bit more helpful but I do stick by my comment about seeing it online in someone elses house , it really doesn’t help you at all.IMo this is a big part of a kitchen reno and I would spend the money to get the granite .

Save    
Megan

Yes, I already have cabinets and flooring. Flooring is in - cabinets are not installed but in the house already. I'd share pictures if they were installed already. They didn't have samples of Valentin available at the warehouse so I grabbed Monaco which has a similar background color and it looks light enough but again, just thought I could ask if anyone has used Valentin in their reno on here. Have you seen any granites that are white and not extremely busy? I saw only one and it was very expensive but maybe I need to look harder? I would go with marble since that's the look I like but with kids and mess that's not realistic for us.

2 Likes Save    
mruch24

I personally do not lIke the look of granite, except for the black ones. They are way too busy for my tastes. However, i love the lighter marbles. I have seen the Valentin in a NYC penthouse tour and it is nice. It does have very warm veining in it. I have also seen the Monaco and really like it. Seeing photos is very helpful In my opinion, along with bringing samples home and seeing them in your space. Good luck with your Reno! Keep asking questions. That is what this forum is for.

5 Likes Save    
Megan

@mruch24 Thank you so much! I saw both in the warehouse and was just second guessing myself so I do feel better now after your comment! Thank you!

1 Like Save    
HU-79816228

Hi Megan! Same here, chose valentin based on a IRL sample but then saw how different it was online and was second guessing myself that it could be too dark. Found some pictures of an install online and it put my mind to ease.

Save    
HU-79816228

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Megan
HU-79816228

here are some pictures of the sample I had in hand:

Save    
Megan

@HU-79816228 This makes me feel so much better! Mine's getting put in on Thursday so I'll post pictures.

1 Like Save    
HU-79816228

mine is coming in this week too! Yay! Update this thread with picutures, can't wait to see! 😁

Save    
Marwa Saleh

@Megan Bless you for asking the question! I am considering Calacatta Valentin as well, bc it's the first marble-esque looking quartz that has warm brown/creamy/gold tones which fits my kitchen's aesthetic, but was also concerned bc I can't get a sample from MSI.

Now i'm just freaking out bc I can't decide on a backsplash. Anyone have any ideas/can show examples of their homes?

2 Likes Save    
HU-79816228

I got Valentin for countertop and backsplash too to give that continuous look and feel. But if I hadn't, I would probably pick something like this and put it up in a non-brick pattern, something warm and off-white with a handmade look: https://www.tilebar.com/montauk-gin-4x4-ceramic-wall-tile.html

1 Like Save    
Marwa Saleh

@HU-79816228 could you share a photo of your counters and backsplash?? i was considering that as well, but was concerned it would be too much (or too modern) in my kitchen since it's not huge.

Save    
HU-79816228

not installed yet, will update with pictures once I have them 😊

1 Like Save    
orchidsky

@HU-79816228 Did you install your counters yet? I’m eagerly awaiting photos!

Save    
Megan

We're still mid-renovation but wanted to update with some photos! We used valentin for our bathroom, too.

4 Likes Save    
orchidsky

Beautiful!!

Save    
HU-79816228

OMG looks fantastic!!! what tile is on your bathroom wall?!

Save    
Megan

@HU-79816228 It's Bedrosians Cloe in White. I also used it in green as part of the backsplash for our kitchen. But also doing the Valentin as the majority of the backsplash (with an added shelf) which I think is what you're doing, too?

Save    
HU-79816228

yes! and I'm doing very similar tiles for the bathrooms and for the backsplash just a continuation of Valentin - it has been installed but I havent had a chance to go to the construction site to check it out yet. Yours look gorgeous, I adore the green, so original :D

Save    
Megan

Thank you! Can't wait to see yours when you check it and take photos!

Save    
Mark Blake

Thanks for posting pics Megan. My wife and I picked calacatta valentin too. We love the look and your pics helped us with our selection. Have you had any issues with your new quartz contertops?

Save    
Elaina Savarese

Hi Megan, are the veins more grey or brownish grey? Thank you!

Save    
Megan

@Elaina Savarese They're a little bit of both but you can definitely see the brown in the veins. I took this picture at night but I'll grab a picture in daylight this weekend for you while I'm at the house (I don't live in the house quite yet so can't grab one now sorry!)

Save    
Megan

@Mark Blake Our kitchen is still not completely done being installed and we don't live in the house so can't say anything about how it's holding up - but we have had no issues so far!

Save    
Elaina Savarese

Thank you so much! The color I planned on getting is backordered. I have painted linen (white cabinets) and maple slate (a brownish grey island)

Save    
N

@megan I’m so happy you posted these photos. You’ve helped me in making my final decision.
I would love to see any other photos when you’re done with your kitchen.

😊

Save    
HU-79816228

here is how it looks on my counters/backsplash - in real life it reads quite a lot lighter, almost white, even in contrast with the white cabinets, but the pictures make it grayer for some reason. Got lots of compliments on it :)

6 Likes Save    
N

Thank you for posting this!!
Do you think the veins are really dark or is it the photo?
In the warehouse they seem more subtle.
(If you can post anymore photos I that would be awesome)😊

1 Like Save    
HU-79816228

They are definitely more subtle in real life! The camera adds so much contrast to it - here, let me edit a picture to make it look exactly like it does in real life:

[disclaimer image EDITED TO LOOK LIKE REAL LIFE]

2 Likes Save    
mruch24

It looks beautiful! I debated on the Calacatta Valentin or Calacatta Monaco. They look very similar, just a bit different in color tone. I ended up with Calacatta Monaco which looks great too. Love them both. I‘m showing my house right now and everyone thinks they’re marble.

Save    
mruch24

Are your edges mitered, double edged, or the regular 3cm? It’s hard to tell in the photos.

Save    
N

Do you have a photo of your Monaco?

Save    
Jade

@mruch24 I'd also love to see pics of your Monaco countertops. My impression from looking at samples is that the Monaco is more white-grey leaning and the Valentin is more white-beige/brown leaning. Did you find that to be true when you were deciding between them?

@HU-79816228 Only commenting to let you know that your kitchen is gorgeous, and I am so envious of your appliance suite. We are going for the same set, but that fridge (without the exterior water dispenser) is backordered into eternity, it seems.

1 Like Save    
Andrea S.

Yes, I would love to know that as well! We are leaning towards Valentin too, but it’s more then I wanted to spend. Gorgeous though!

1 Like Save    
Andrea S.

Just saw Valentin yesterday at MCI and fell in love w it. I think it will go great w the cabinets we just ordered, the original samples in this pic are too gray for me what do u think?

2 Likes Save    
tammyber

Thank you to everyone that posted pictures and commented on the Valentin. I thought I liked the Calacatta Arno but when I went back to look I think we are leaning towards the Valentin. To the person who posted this with white cabinets....THANK YOU as that is the same look we are going for. I totally agree that online it looks much darker which also has me nervous so all the feedback is greatly appreciated. If anyone has more photos would love to see more as we still need to pick a backsplash and paint color

2 Likes Save    
Mark Blake

Tammyber, we’ll post once we get ours installed. We’re doing Valentin with white cabinets also.

2 Likes Save    
tammyber

Thanks Mark! Also, if you could share what you may use for a backsplash and paint color it would be great. Like a lot of these comments the pictures of the quartz on-line seem much darker. All these comments are greatly appreciated.

1 Like Save    
HU-98561767

Given the warehouse is dark, I had a hard time feeling confident in my decision with the calacatta valentin. But all of these comments and photos really helped me feel reassured- so thank you! That being said, I figured I’d post some pics of my own with oak cabinets to potentially help some others. These photos were at 8:30pm so keep that in mind. They look amazing though- absolutely love them! Now to choose a backsplash...

1 Like Save    
N

They look beautiful!

I’m adding Valentin as a backsplash as well. I couldn’t decide on a tile ☺️

2 Likes Save    
orchidsky

I had second guessed before seeing these photos as well. We had ours installed a couple weeks ago and I’m happy with the decision.

1 Like Save    
N

Can you post photos of yours as well?

Save    
jpoia22

Thank you to everyone that posted photos. Valentin is what we have going in our remodel soon as well!

Save    
Alexi Hagedorn

Love this post- - new home being built and looking for a quartz with brown veins- the Calcutta Valentin is very similar to real marble - looks great

Save    
Sara T

Thanks for this discussion! We’re planning to install Valentin to our small bath vanity and the shower curb within the next week or so. We had the same issue of seeing a small sample we liked and then seeing the slab in a poorly-lit warehouse and struggled with the decision. Loved everyone’s pics here, so fingers crossed!

Save    
Kelly Barnett

We are looking at Valentin too. I would love to see more pictures if other people have some of the Valentin quartz installed. Also, any ideas for a backsplash besides using the quartz? I have medium to dark wood cabinets and a stone floor. This is the stone on the floor at the MSI showroom. (Valencia it’s on the display cabinet).

Save    
Kelly Barnett

Oops! I meant Calacutta Valentin

Save    
HU-98561767

If you’re looking for a similar color, this would be perfect: https://www.tilebar.com/cavallo-swiss-coffee-3x18-polished-porcelain-tile.html 

(the sample you receive isn’t the full size but the color is a perfect match).

otherwise, tilebar has a ton of great contrasting options as well! I’m waiting for more samples to decide...

1 Like Save    
Angie Wilbricht Brown

@Megan what color grout did you use with the Bedrosian Cloe White?

Save    
Megan

@Angie Wilbricht Brown I used Mapei Warm Gray Grout for the Cloe tile.

1 Like Save    
Angie Wilbricht Brown

@megan It's gorgeous! I may be doing the same now, thanks!

Save    
N

@orchidsky hi, can you share photos of your counters installed?

Save    
HU-275478474

I had it installed in my kitchen it is very light

2 Likes Save    
Danielle Foster

Can you share pics @hu-275478474

Save    
HU-30517776

How much was y’all paying per square foot on the Valentin? Thanks

1 Like Save    
Mark Blake

I feel like we paid a crap ton. We had to go with the builder's vendor who purchased from MSI directly who quoted us $80/sq ft. We love the end result tho. Here are some pics from our new home under construction.

3 Likes Save    
newnew10

Valentin is beautiful. I’ve seen it in person and like the brown/warm veins. I also see small grey subtle moments on the slab but not pronounced - I’m only able to view a standing slab. However, in photos where it’s installed I see a strong grey background color. Does Valentin read that grey once installed ? Any thoughts on its background color is much appreciated.

1 Like Save    
Mark Blake

Its gray undertone shows more without light. Its white in a well lit room. Photos make it look darker than it is in person

1 Like Save    
dashboarder

I appreciate this thread and all the pictures. We're beginning a full kitchen remodel in a couple of weeks and have narrowed down the quartz to Valentin and a couple of others. I'm leaning this way, but as others have experienced, there are no "samples" available to take home and try in the space. We did see a full slab yesterday and it sort of stopped us in our tracks because it seems to have everything we're looking for except it's more of a gray background than white. (Dark oak floors, white cabinets, white beveled subway tile on the backsplash). Our island is quite long at >10 feet, but there are smaller areas where we're concerned that some other quartzes will not show a pattern, for example, Calacatta Laza. Keep posting pictures if you can! They're very helpful.

1 Like Save    
mruch24

For Jade and N. Here are some photos of the Calacatta Monaco. My kitchen is not finished at all. Waiting on contractors.

2 Likes Save    
mruch24

The line’s in the Monaco don’t feel as are prominent as the Valentin. Both are so pretty.

1 Like Save    
N

@mruch24 thank you.
It looks so good! Like real marble.

Save    
mruch24

Thank you. The photos don’t do it justice. Still waiting on Ann Sacks tiles to come in for the backsplash. I went with a high end polished nickel bridge faucet which looks great.

Save    
Mark Blake

We just had our backsplash installed yesterday and it still needs to be grouted. Brick matches the exterior brick and fireplace.

2 Likes Save    
kochesjs

Thank you so much for starting this thread!

I stared at Calacatta Valentin for a long time @ MSI and agree it has a warmer tone to it. Love the brown veining, so different from so much of the other Quartz stiles.

Did any of you also consider Calacatta Prado? It‘s newer I think, but similar coloring to Valentin. No samples in warehouse though!

1 Like Save    
N

@kochesjs I almost got Calacatta Prado, but it had way more veining.
Here are both of them. Prado is on the top.

Save    
newnew10

Yes, I considered Prado. It’s new and very similar to Valentin. At the warehouse when I viewed both side by side the Valentin was warmer and I needed that warmth for my existing kitchen. But Prado is an excellent option if it works for you.

For those who have Valentin installed, is it indeed not a bright white? Does it indeed feel warm in your space and veining presents softly? Any descriptions and continued photos much appreciated.

N - do you have photos of your Valentin install?

Thanks everyone. This is a great thread you started Megan. Love to see your final kitchen too.

1 Like Save    
J Pru

@mruch24, I am trying to decide between a few Quartzes, today I saw both the Monaco and the Valentin. I think I prefer the Monaco but of course - no samples for either! Your kitchen looks lovely with the Monaco - Do you have bright white cabinets, or are they more of a creamy white?
Mine have a slight cream to them (Omega Beach house) They look white unless you hold them up to something really white. I'm just worried that the Monaco will make them look dingy. The other option is Mont Melody, but I feel the background might be too white for my cabinets...

Save    
Jade

For anyone looking for samples, I was pleasantly surprised with the shipping time on the Monaco sample I ordered directly from MSI’s website. Arrived within one week!

1 Like Save    
mruch24

@jpru, my cabinets are a softer white for sure, and actually, I wish they were even richer or creamier. They were professionally painted with BM Swiss Coffee, if that helps. Monaco does not make my cabinets appear dingy at all, but I understand your concern. My cabinets could be creamier (without too much yellow) and the Monaco would still look great. It‘s not a bright white. Before making a decision though, I would definitely order a sample from MSI. I just looked at the MSI description and it uses the statement “warm white background with grey veining”. In my home it appears clean, but not stark. Best of luck with your decision!

2 Likes Save    
J Pru

mruch24 Thanks! That makes me feel more confident! I ordered a sample last night - they didn't have Valentin but I have a Monaco heading my way :-)

Save    
N

@newnew10
I am in the final stage of what feels like the longest remodel.
They are cutting my Valentin next week.
Once I have photos I will post them here.

My cabinets will be bright white and the island is a natural maple.
I’m curious to see if Valentin warms up the white kitchen and how close it will be to color of the maple cabinets.
Hopefully not too close 😊

1 Like Save    
mruch24

@jpru. I have been to the MSI showroom many times. If you feel like Monaco appears too white for you, Valentin is very similar pattern wise, but warmer, browner veining. I feel like most marbles have grey veining, so I just went for it. Check later to see if maybe they got some more Valentin samples in. They are both very pretty.

Save    
C Kelly

We have selected Valentin for our kitchen remodel and it should be installed within the next 2 weeks or so. Our MSI showroom did not have a sample but they were able to find one at another showroom and had it shipped directly to my house so be sure to ask!

Save    
Mei Li Reedy

I selected Valentin for both our countertops and backsplash. I absolutely LOVE the seamless look! I‘m also moving the switches and outlets off the walls to underneath the cabinets so there will be no holes in the backsplash. We should be starting in a few weeks!

@HU-240011746, those are my existing cabinets you posted! The cream colored cabinets are my perimeter cabinets and my island is the darker one. I’m excited to see how Valentin will look.

Save    
Andrea S.

@Mei Li Reedy So funny! Same thing w my kitchen. Lighter cabinets are perimeter and island is the darker one. Valentin is getting installed next week. We chose the cove DuPont edging. I’m so excited..I can’t wait to see it finished. I will post pics

1 Like Save    
Mark Blake

Some final pics from our home. We're happy we went with Valentin!

3 Likes Save    
Andrea S.

Did anyone ever have a problem w the glazing process over cabinets? We just got our new cabinets delivered from Kraftsmaid and almost every door and drawer has to be replaced because the glazing is crackling off of inside the creases of the cabinet doors and drawers. So disappointing.

Save    
jpoia22

@Mark Blake Thank you for posting your photos. We have Valentin, the same light fixtures, and white cabinets with stained island in our remodel that starting shortly, so it helps to see it all together. Beautiful!

Save    
Andrea S.

@Mark Blake beautiful house! what color did u paint the kitchen

Save    
Mark Blake

HU-240011746 we used agreeable gray

1 Like Save    
Andrea S.

@Mark Blake thanks! My husband wants to do gray but I wasn’t sure how it would look w dark island light perimeter cabinets and the brownish veins in valentin, but I love the way your kitchen looks! Thanks

Save    
Vijay J

This is a great post! Thanks Megan for starting it. We are in the middle of a bathroom remodeling project, have beige tiles and light maple (almost natural color) cabinets. We have been going back and forth between LG Clarino and MSI Calacatta Valentin. Looking at the pictures leaning towards the Valentin, as it seems to have less of a white background than Clarino and may match better with the beige tiles/ cabinets we have than the Clarino.

A general question I have for those who installed Valentin: will chrome faucets work with this countertop? That’s what we have purchased but at the time had not thought about the countertop...

@Mark Blake: I love the pics you posted and especially like the bathroom on how it flows nicely with the different material / surface choices. Can you share what paint you used in the bathroom? Is it a blue-gray color?

Save    
Mark Blake

@Vijay J we used Rain Washed by Sherwin Williams. Its more of a greenish blue depending how the light hits it.

1 Like Save    
Vijay J

Thanks @Mark Blake - it is a beautiful color. I can see the green... we will include it in our short list :)

Save    
Gor Low

Tammyber, we’ll post once we get ours installed. We’re doing Valentin with white cabinets also.

1 Like Save    
Vijay J

@Kelly Barnett: do you have pictures from your project that you can share? our floor and tub wall tiles are similar beige to what you shared in the showroom pic. I’m curious to see how these tiles go with the Valentin countertop. Thanks!!

Save    
Kelly Barnett

Vijay J- we decided against using the Valentin. We are just about to start our renovation project. I ended up choosing Vicostone Taj Mahal because we didn’t want quite so much pronounced veining.

Save    
Vijay J

@Kelly Barnett: the Vicostone Taj Mahal looks beautiful - clean, warm and fresh! We have some veining in our tiles as well so I’m hoping the Valentin will flow well with it (attached pic of the floor just grouted on Friday :))

1 Like Save    
dmac1108

First, I want to let everyone know how much I appreciate all of the photos of kitchens/bathrooms! So many beautiful spaces!!

Megan - I also wanted to say “thank you” for starting this post! Unlike what the first person who posted told you, I think it’s been very helpful. I also found it difficult to judge colors of slabs in the showroom due to the poor lighting situation w respect to some of the slabs. Also, some slabs only had a small portion of the protective film pulled down making it even more difficult due to the reflective nature of the film.

@Mark Blake - Well, I’m glad that I made my way through all of the post before adding mine - I wanted to know the wall paint colors you used in your kitchen/bathroom also. I guessed Agreeable Gray (nailed it!) and Sea Salt (close - thought I might be wrong when I saw the last photo where it definitely shows the blue tone). What shade of white did you use for your cabinets/trim/ceilings? One more Q - did you use a MSI field tile in your bathroom? I keep vacillating between actual marble vs. porcelain look alike. Marble “scares” me due to many posts by people about staining/etching (I expect etching - don’t want rust stains!) - the look alike tiles make me “nervous” be a use I’ve seen many that look REALLY FAKE (esp ones where there are only about 4-5 patterns - I saw a shower here on Houzz where there were 4 of the EXACT SAME tile pattern installed immed next to each other - looked silly). Your shower tiles turned out nice! I need to make a decision in the next day or so - my bathroom remodel should have been completed a couple months ago! FYI - you’ve done a great job of creating a warm/welcoming space even though it‘s open and has high ceilings!

@Megan- I think you posted that you used Cloe White tile in your bathroom. It looks very nice with your Valentin countertop - is the background of the Valentin warm? The Cloe White has a bit of gray toned tile in it. Someone here on Houzz decided not to use it because her countertop leaned ”warm” - she thought the Cloe White was too cool. I decided to use Cloe White MANY months ago after my someone pointed out that three of my “top 4 inspiration kitchens“ all used Cloe White tile (yes, I know - that’s a faux pas - never should select a backsplash prior to actually installing your cabinets and countertop - don’t tell anyone!). Also - it was nice to see the pop of green used in your kitchen. I am actually considering using Cloe tile (or a similar one by Equipe Ceramicas - seems like they actually manufacture Cloe for Bedrosian and others) in a blue shade for behind the mirror in one of my bathrooms (and even considering the black for one of my fireplace fronts - I’m trying to remodel four of them - fun, but when you add that to a kitchen backsplash and field/floor tile for three bathrooms/floor tile for laundry room - it’s A LOT of tile selections!) Would you mind posting a few more photos of both the Cloe White and the Cloe Green tile with some natural lighting (and maybe from a couple different angles)? It looks so different depending upon lightening and angle of view. I’d really appreciate it!

@mruch24 - You posted something about the MSI Calacatta Monaco countertop having gray veining - is the background color similar to Valentin?

I really appreciate all of the photos and hearing everyone‘s observations re: tones/colors of the countertops. Thanks!

Save    
mruch24

@dmac1108 The background color of Valentin is slightly warmer. I’ll try to find the pictures I have from the MSI warehouse so you can see. I went with Monaco, but they are both very pretty. I love Monaco, but I haven’t decided on a backsplash yet. I sort of wish I would have just taken Monaco up the wall.

1 Like Save    
J Pru

@dmac1108: Valentin has a warmer background with both grey and brown veins. Monaco is slightly cooler, gray background with all grey veins. It has a lot of dimension, with grey clouds and splotches (that sounds bad but it is beautiful) IMO, it is the most marble-like quartz out there. Monaco is on top, Mont Melody is on bottom. You can see the depth.

Valentin in my kitchen - I have slightly off white cabinets (see the white paper) and it matches perfectly:

Monaco in my kitchen - slightly more gray ... the sample I ordered has no veins :-(

I am at a loss of what to pick. If I choose Valentin, which matches my cabinets, and do a cream backsplash will it all look too blah? If I get the Monaco (I kind of like it better because of the depth), will it make my kitchen look gray and depressing and not "go with" the cabinets?

Save    
atlbeardie

J Pru, I think you need to make your choice based on the undertone of your cabinet color. Of the two, I have only seen Calacatta Valentin in person, and know that it is characterized as a “warm” grey, which is further emphasized by the occasional warm gray/beige/tan veining through it. From what others have said, I gather that Calacatta Monaco tends to be slightly cooler and has more pronounced cool gray veining. Examine your white cabinet color closely - does it have warm or cream tones in it, or does it lean more towards cool/blue tones? That should provide an answer as to which quartz will work better visually. Or maybe there's a hair's breadth of difference between the two, in which case you should go with the quartz that you like the best. But if there's more than a hair's breadth, then a “cool” toned quartz with “warm” toned cabinets may not be the look you're going for.

I suspect you've fallen in love with Monaco, but you think that Valentin is a better color match with your existing cabinet color. I understand your fear of being too monochromatic if you go with Valentin....your cabinet color does seem remarkably close to its base color. At least a little contrast somewhere in your kitchen is normally desirable. Often this is achieved through a slight contrast in cabinet color.

Don't talk yourself into a countertop you don't love. If you don't love Valentin, and you love Monaco but it is just too cool, keep looking.

1 Like Save    
Donna Finch

Thank you so much for this post. I went to the MSI warehouse today to look at a completely different slab (Carrara Caldia) and came across the Calacatta slabs and fell in love. I was torn between Calacatta Valentin, Calacatta Prado and Calacatta Monaco, but seeing all the pictures of slabs installed in everyone’s kitchens helped me decide on Calacatta Valentin. We have white shaker cabinets with walnut laminate flooring so I think the warmness of the veins will help tie everything together. I‘m very excited and will post pictures after everything is installed.

1 Like Save    
Vijay J

@J Pru: have you looked at the LG Clarino quartz? It has a lot of characters and will be brighter than your cabinets ( it has a whiter background and still warm enough that many have put in their kitchens with of white cabinets). It might be something you like.

Regarding the Valentin, I actually don’t think you can go wrong with it as most folks here on this post have installed it on off white cabinets. I actually have the opposite question. Has anyone installed Valentin on light maple cabinets in bathroom? Will it look ok or won’t flow with each other? See pic below for vanity. We will be getting new white sinks and chrome faucets and thinking of going with Valentin. Any thoughts anybody?

1 Like Save    
dmac1108

@Vijay J - please take another photo of your vanity with the countertop sample propped up directly against the maple doors of your vanity. I think it will provide a MUCH better read/feel/visual of the two materials vs. having the color of the current countertop material in between them. Based upon the photo that you’ve posted, it looks like it may work!

Save    
dmac1108

@J Pru - Wow - those photos help! The Monaco really does appear to have a pretty realistic “marble” effect! I really need to go see it in person tomorrow if I’m feeling up to leaving my house.

I also agree with atlbeardie - it seems like you are really enamored with the Monaco (understandable!) - if you determine that it really doesn’t work - don’t “settle“ with Valentin (notice that I’ve placed quotations around “settle” bc it‘s clearly a beautiful countertop). There are SO MANY choices available that there has to be one that you’ll love and will work.

@mruch24 - would you mind posting a few more photos of your kitchen? I’d really love to see more angles/lighting variances w/ Monaco. I think running it up the walls would look pretty amazing. . .

I REALLY am excited to go check out Monaco and some others!

Save    
Donna Finch

Here are some pics I took at the MSI warehouse today of the Calacatta

Monaco, Valentin and Prado slabs against my white shaker cabinet door. The veins on the Valentin and Prado slabs are warmer and much more pronounced than the Monaco slab (though not as dark as they appear on the photo) and the Prado slab has the most veins of all 3 (the last picture is Prado), but all of them are so beautiful in person. Hopefully this helps if anyone is still trying to decide between one or more of these options.

4 Likes Save    
Caitlin S

I am updating my kitchen and leaning towards Valentin countertops as well. What backsplash have people gone with? I’d like to go with something simple and timeless, but not sure what color to use given that the countertops are not pure white.
My cabinets are a dark cherry color. I’ve attached a picture of a drawer with a slab of Valentin. (I’m going to be changing hardware as well)
Thanks for all the help!

1 Like Save    
Andrea S.

We are in the process of getting countertops now. My installer said it will be 2-4 weeks for MSI to get Valentin because there was an issue w the slabs. Since I dont want to go that long without a completed kitchen we went to another facility and found something similar but had a little bit more brownish gold veins. It’s called Sereno Gold by Vadara. It’s a little bit more money but I really like the brownish gold veins in it. Just another option if anyone is interested. Here’s a pic.

1 Like Save    
Andrea S.

Need opinion about the handles. I’m planning on getting longer handles but what color do all of u like. My outer cabinets are light and my island is dark. The first is champagne bronze. The 2nd is oil rubbed bronze. Please Help!!!

1 Like Save    
chelseo

Donna-Thanks so much for these photos! We are seriously considering the Prado but we have the maple colored cabinets that Vijay J has! We are hoping it's not too warm but still appears like a white background against the maple cabinets. We haven't been able to get a sample because they seem to be out every time we go!

1 Like Save    
C Kelly

Our Valentin countertops should be installed next week! We have slightly off white cabinets and a light blue/green wall color in our kitchen. We decided to go with Valentin because of the warmer veining. We have other wood elements in our home and have selected a champagne bronze faucet and champagne bronze cabinet hardware which look really nice next to our Valentin sample. @dmac1108 - We have chosen the Bedrosians Cloe white tile for the kitchen backsplash. I have held up a decent selection of the tiles next to the Valentin sample and I think it complements nicely and does not feel too cool compared to Valentin. Here is a look at some of our selections. Note - the backsplash samples in the pic are actually the Bedrosians Makoto in shoji white (matte, earthier version of Cloe) but we changed our minds and decided to go with the Cloe instead but both look good! We are using the butcher block and the pattered tile on the bar nook in our kitchen. I'll be sure to post photos of the progress!

5 Likes Save    
dmac1108

@C Kelly - thanks for letting me know. I really need to make a final decision - I’m tired of waiting to pull the trigger on redoing my kitchen! I looked at the Makato also - pretty. I decided that I liked the glossy surface of the Cloe more. FYI - I would LOVE to have a walnut butcher block island countertop! Actually, there are many different types of wood countertops that are beautiful. I just read a blog last night where someone used white oak and cerused it for their countertops - really pretty. My BF saw what I was reading - and said, “I thought that you had decided against the wood countertop because you’re going to have the base of the island be stained wood . . .” I told him that I can still admire someone else’s butcher block countertop! He then reminded me that I could be sitting in a new kitchen if I’d just make some final selections. I reminded him that I’ve purchased my kitchen backsplash (oops - wasn’t supposed to do that yet since I haven’t officially selected cabinets/countertops!), floor tile for master bathroom (probably should have decided tile for shower/selected new vanity first. . . ) and laundry room!!

I am redoing basically my entire house - I think the issue is that I’m focusing on too many rooms at the same time. If I’d just stick to one, it would be finished and then I could move on to the next. The problem is that EVERY TIME I look on Houzz, I keep clicking from one discussion topic to another one - and even though I started out looking at countertops for the kitchen, I end up “researching“ media consoles for the family room at 1:00 a.m!

@Andrea S. - the new sample from Vadara looks pretty. I haven’t looked at anything from them . . .hmmm. . . . ;). Also, your photos didn’t post re: hardware for cabinets.

Save    
Donna Finch

@chelseo I’m glad the pictures were helpful. To me, the Prado and Valentin looked almost identical with the same undertones (Prado just has more veins) so I think you could use the warmness of the Valentin sample that Vijay has against maple cabinets in the picture as an indicator of how warm the Prado slab will be.

1 Like Save    
Andrea S.

@dmac1108 thanks for lmk about pics. I posted again. I like both colors but I think the oil rubbed bronze may be too dark for my island cabinet. please tell me what all of u think?? @C Kelly where did u get your champagne bronze pulls and knobs. I can only find the smaller size and need them bigger. Also I have only found one faucet at Lowe’s in champagne bronze, it’s really hard to find.

Save    
C Kelly

@Andrea S. We chose this Delta faucet in champagne bronze and we got these Liberty Hardware knobs and pulls (our existing holes are 3 in) in champagne bronze from Home Depot. The colors match nicely!

Save    
Vijay J

@Andrea S.: I don’t see the pic of your island but I agree the champagne bronze matches better with the lighter cabinet in the pic.

@dmac1108: Thanks for the suggestion. Hope you can make decision fast - I know that uncomfortable feeling of something hanging over your head.... I’m attaching some pics with the MSI Valentin and the LG Clarino side by side with the maple cabinets. @chelseo: hope this gives you an idea also.

what do you guys think which goes better with the cabinets/ flooring? Thanks.

1 Like Save    
Andrea S.

@vijayJ the island is the dark color cabinet in the pic but here’s another pic of just the island

Save    
chelseo

@Andrea S. I like the champagne bronze!

2 Likes Save    
Vijay J

@Andrea S. Got it. I like the champagne bronze too.

2 Likes Save    
chelseo

@Vijay J -I think both look great. Maybe the one on the left is a little less busy with the flooring?

2 Likes Save    
Andrea S.

@Vijay J Yes! I was thinking the same thing. The one on the right is almost like a marble design and is like the floor. I like the left one, less busy and breaks it up. @C Kelly Where did you get the campagne bronze handles and faucet? I need to get handles that are at least 10 inches for my island. The problem is I cant find handles that big in the champagne bronze and I only found one faucet at Lowes. Thanks so much!

1 Like Save    
mruch24

@dmac1108 It‘a difficult to decide, there are so many pretty quartz options. For the person looking at Sereno Gold by Vadara, that was one of my other choices. It was beautiful. Here are some additional photos of Monaco. I’m still waiting on my painter, tile contractor, and cabinet pulls. I wish I would have taken Monaco up the backsplash as you suggested rather than waiting on tile.

This photo is from a corner of my island. Hope the pictures help.

4 Likes Save    
mruch24

Click on the photo for a more widespread view.

Save    
Andrea S.

@C Kelly thank u so much! Our Home Depot does not have the handles or pulls available at the store to see but I will definitely look online now that I know they match. Hoping they have at least 8-10 inches available. I think the delta faucet is what I saw at Lowe’s. @dmac1108 thank u! we are getting our countertop installed tomorrow so I will post pics. We picked Serena Gold

Save    
J Pru

@mruch24, Your cabinets are painted with Swiss Coffee, right? Do you have any photos that show the cabinets with the counter? I'm still going back and forth between Valentin and Monaco because of the cream cabinets. I got some Benjamin Moore paint chips and my cabinets are almost exactly the color of Cloud White (OC-130). Its a little more yellow (maybe? I can't tell colors) than Swiss coffee.

Save    
mruch24

@J Pru Yes, my cabinets are BM Swiss Coffee. I was hoping they would be slightly warmer but they are pretty white. My decorator friends love the color though. The trim throughout my house is Cloud White and I can barely tell the difference. Neither can anyone else. Here is Swiss White however.

Hope this helps. Again, click on the photo to get a better concept. My cabinets are older, but were in great shape. They were originally custom, so I was happy with just having them painted.

4 Likes Save    
J Pru

Thanks @mruch24, def helps. Your cabinets look great.

Save    
mruch24

@J Pru Thanks. I’m going to be moving in the next few years, so I’m not getting too crazy with the changes, but I love to update things. Still, keeping things fairly classic. I’m sure your kitchen will be beautiful.

Save    
N

Here is our Calacatta Valentin.
It’s not completely sealed or finished in places, but I wanted to show you all the color.
It’s more grey than I wanted.
I was hoping for a creamy white, but
I still like it and especially next to the light maple island.

I’ll post the finished product later once it’s styled 😊

6 Likes Save    
Mei Li Reedy

@N it’s gorgeous!

1 Like Save    
Andrea S.

We just got the Serena Gold installed. We were initially going with the Valentin but it’s currently not available for 5 weeks. The Serena gold has a little more brownish goldish veining. We still have upper cabinets and the molding to install but here are some pics. I think I decided to do the oil rubbed bronze handles. Don’t mind all the blue tape Kraftmaid has to replace all the doors and drawers because the coco glazing is crackling off .

2 Likes Save    
dmac1108

@mruch24 - thanks for posting more photos! I just showed them to my bf - he’s had a kind of “negative“ reaction to marble looking quartz in general. I asked him what he thought- and he said, “I like it. What kind of marble is that?“. Looks like we may have a WINNER here! My cabinets are in ridiculously great shape - they were custom ones - I had no idea how nice they were until a contractor was over who told me NOT to replace them. I am probably going to replace the doors though - I really want full overlay. Also, since I’m going to stain the lowers and the island, it will be less money to have new doors vs. having someone strip and refinish my current ones. It still makes me feel like I’m being “wasteful” - I’m trying to figure out how to use the doors somewhere else in my house. Might have some cabinet boxes built out of plywood in the garage and reuse some of my kitchen doors?

@Vijay J - I think the one on the left looks better with your floors. Your vanity is pretty!

@Andrea S. - WOW! Well, you definitely didn’t “settle” with that selection. Your kitchen is going to look amazing when it’s finished.

N - for some reason, it wouldn’t let me pull your user name up - your kitchen looks nice. I am going to have a stained wood island also. I like how it “warms” up your kitchen!

I’m starting to get excited about getting “officially” started on my kitchen (other than purchasing my Cloe White tile backsplash a few weeks ago). HOWEVER - my bathroom remodel is starting this upcoming Thursday. Guess I’ll get everything ordered while that’s going on so I can begin with the kitchen as soon as bathroom is finished!

1 Like Save    
Vijay J

Thanks @dmac1108, @chelseo and @Andrea S. - we went with the Valentin (the one you all liked in the pic I sent ) and will be installed this week so looking forward to that :)

@N and @Andrea S.: your kitchens look gorgeous. These counter tops are really elevating the look. Thanks for posting the pics! @N: love your floors. I couldn’t see the light maple island btw that you mention in your post. is there a pic Im not seeing?

@dmac1108: good luck for all your remodeling work :) in addition to Clarino and Valentin , we had looked at one more quartz called Venato Gold. See a pic of the sample (right most) and the slab here. it has more warmer cream look to it but has bigger “vein patches” (not sure how to describe them). Sharing in case you like it.

1 Like Save    
afarooq415

@mruch24 Can you post photos of your kitchen? I’m looking to do the same colors as you!

Save    
afarooq415

@mruch24

Save    
N

@vijay
Here is a photo of my unfinished island 😊

5 Likes Save    
chelseo

@N -that looks great!

We stopped by the showroom today and took pictures of Calacatta Prado with one of our doors and made our final decision that it is what we are going with! Thought I would share here...

The photo w/ the back splash isn't for certain but it's an idea-we are going to install the counters first and then make a decision!

Hopefully this helps someone who is considering this countertop-it's a little less than the Valentin and is a little less creamy of a base.

We are also considering switching to black pulls/a black faucet.

2 Likes Save    
newnew10

N - Your island looks stunning! Can you share where the hardware is from and also your island valentin looks very thick - is that the 3 CM ? Love it ~ congrats to you!

1 Like Save    
kidd 3333

Thank you all for this helpful thread! I am trying to choose between the Valentin and the Monaco myself. I have a sample of the Valentin and was able to see a large piece in a showroom, however have not seen the Monaco in person yet. I ordered a sample of the Monaco from MSI, so I'm hoping to have both samples in my house soon so I can compare them side-by-side in my actual kitchen. I will try to post pictures once I have them both in hand.

In the meantime, I wanted to post this screenshot I took of the two styles from the MSI website. I think it is really interesting to see that the veining is the EXACT same in these pictures! If you look closely, you can see the exact same pattern to the veins. However, the Valentin veins are darker which makes it look like there are more of them. The Monaco veins are lighter and some of them fade into the background.

1 Like Save    
dmac1108

@N - First - I don’t understand why your user name is the ONLY one that I can’t pull up when using the “@“ symbol. I know that it worked for someone else above - but it won’t for me!! More importantly, I LOVE your island! I am so happy that stained wood is making a big comeback- I love wood grain patterns (most). Back when I built my house, there was a “new” white kitchen“trend” happening (I put quotes around “new”/”trend” bc white kitchens have been around FOREVER- but had taken a backseat for awhile at the time). I decided (with a little “push” from my mom) to go with stained wood due to its added warmth and wearability (mom asked me, “Have you thought about all of the fingerprints/chips/marks that will be all over the doors - especially when you have two little ones running around??!”). I need to pull the trigger in the next couple of days as to whether I’m using stained lowers and island OR only stained island. . . .

@newnew10 - N’s quartz looks like might be a mitered edge.

@chelseo - I haven’t seen Calacatta Prado before - looks NICE! I hope this isn’t considered “rude” - do you mind sharing the prices you were quoted for both the Valentin and the Prado?

1 Like Save    
chelseo

@dmac1108- thank you! It’s very similar to Valentin but at the show room they say Valentin’a base is a bit darker or creamier/warmer and pulls more browns. The Prado has a whiter base and pulls greys, taupes and tans I believe!

We are trying to work with our current cabinets-we agree, wood is making a comeback!

The difference was $10/SF but I think it may depend on who you are working with as far as pricing goes.

1 Like Save    
Donna Finch

@dmac1108 I was looking at the Valentin, Prado and Monaco and was quoted the same price for all 3 at $70/sf. I’m located in Southern California so not sure if pricing is the same in other areas.

1 Like Save    
J Pru

@dmac1108 I think your mom might have a good point. White lowers tend to have lots of stuff spilled on them. I originally wanted wood lowers, white uppers because of this. In the end, I chose all white perimeter (uppers and lowers) and navy blue island! I agonized over that decision, but thats what I was feeling on the day I had to order cabinets. What I will say is that although our kitchen is still under construction so we aren't cooking much in it, the blue shows the dust/dirt way more than the white! So if you are doing dark wood stain, I don't know that it will hide the dirt as much as you think. I had wanted a raw wood look, so that may have done a better job of it

1 Like Save    
Vijay J

@N thanks for sharing the picture of your island. It looks gorgeous!! we are getting our Valentin countertop in the bathroom tomorrow and I’m hoping all goes well!! Keeping fingers crossed.

1 Like Save    
N

I can’t @ anyone from my phone ☺️

Newnew10, thank you! The edge is 2.5” mitered edge.
My handles are from Etsy. https://etsy.me/3cdYIxG

Dmac1108, thank you!
I’m so happy I went with the wood island to break up all the white.
It’s natural maple.

1 Like Save    
dmac1108

@J Pru - that’s EXACTLY the dilemma I‘ve been struggling with this time around - either mixing in the stained wood OR adding a navy blue island! I also have decided on a natural/raw look for the wood! Do you mind posting some current pics of your kitchen? I know that it’s not finished - but I’d love to see where you’re at with it. If you’d rather wait to have a “big reveal” - I understand. What color navy paint did you select?

Does anyone else feel “frustrated“ about the pricing of quartz countertops???!!!??? It’s helpful to know that’s it’s similar to the other ones I’ve been looking at recently.

@chelseo - based upon your description, I am definitely going to have to take a look at the Prado.

I am SO JEALOUS of everyone on this thread who have their countertops installed already!! I need to just pull the trigger. I think I’m going to just set a deadline by 5 p.m. tomorrow to finalize my kitchen cabinet order!

1 Like Save    
J Pru

@dmac1108, I chose the blue island and white perimeter cabinets. I am having a custom hood made and I am thinking of having it made out of stained wood instead of matching the white cabinets. You can see the hood liner already installed.

Several cabinets were lost by the shipping company so we are waiting for delivery. The white is White Dove and the blue is Hale Navy. I have a couple of options I am considering for countertop, but I haven't made a decision yet.

1 Like Save    
dmac1108

@jpru - White Dove and Hale Navy is EXACTLY what I had picked out! Great minds think alike!!

I think that doing stained wood for your hood would look amazing!! If I have stained lowers/island, I am going to have my hood match my white upper/stacked cabinets - I will add a stained wide plank along the lower edge. If I change my mind and go with the all white perimeters with a blue island, my plan would include a stained hood. Also, I might have a walnut countertop for the island if it’s painted vs stained.

So MANY decisions!!

Save    
kidd 3333

I received my sample of the Calacatta Monaco today! Here is a picture of the two samples side-by-side. Valentin is on the left, Monaco is in the middle and Hanstone Montauk is on the right.

I was expecting the Valentin and Monaco to have different background colors, but they appear to be identical. You can see how much whiter the Montauk background is when compared to the other two. FWIW, my cabinets are SW Pure White and I think the Montauk background is a bit too white and might make my cabinets look dingy.

I was able to see full slabs of both Valentin and Monaco in person yesterday. I expected the veining in the Monaco to be more subtle because that is how it looks on the MSI website, but that was not the case. The veining is identical between the two; it is just the color that is different. The Valentin has an amber vein and the Monaco has a gray vein.

I hope this helps someone someday! It's been a big help to me to see the finished kitchens and other pictures from this post.

3 Likes Save    
J Pru

@dmac1108, someone on here showed a photo of their hood which is wood, but they had it custom painted to look like bronze. It is amazing... Scroll all the way down to see the photos...https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6035318/i-m-in-love-again-my-2020-reveal#26736592

I wasn't sure what you meant, would you do a wood island on the stained cabinets, or the blue painted island? The reason I was asking is that my decorator (for another room) suggested I put a wood counter on my blue island. Wasn't sure if that would look ok or not. And of course, I am not really sure that I want to deal with the maintenance. I also saw this a few days ago and she sure is purty...... Ocean Blue. If I went this way I would do this on the island and then something very plain on the perimeter. Clearly I don't know what I want!

Save    
Alice Wachol

Hi, I went to tag some slabs of Calacatta Arno, only to find them to be much more blue/grey than warm white. So, I'm now considering Valentin. Do you all think Valentin has a beige background? Or is it more grey? (MSI had no samples, referred me to the website to get a sample but that was not available, chat person said to call the store, store said I had to order before they could get sample!!! ARRRGGHHH)

Save    
Vijay J

@Alice Wachol: the Valentin has an off white background with grey patches and brown veining which overall gives it a warmer end result than plain white with or without grey veining. We recently installed the Valentin on our bathroom remodel (see pic below). I think the cabinets bring out even more of the warmth from this counter top. Hope this helps.

Also thanks to everyone who helped me with the decision making!

4 Likes Save    
Alice Wachol

@Vijay J Love your photos! Thank you for your response. Has anyone looked at Calacatta Valentin paired with a Truffle sink from Blanco? Hoping that works because the sink is arriving here tomorrow.......

1 Like Save    
C Kelly

@Alice Wachol yes, we had Valentin installed this week with a truffle Blanco undermount sink and it looks great!

@dmac1108 we had the Cloe tile backsplash installed as well! I will say that, in general, it does read cooler than the background of the Valentin but ties in nicely with some of the more grey veining/clouds. We love it and my contractor, tile guy, and carpenter have all complimented it and love the color variation! We used bright white grout and love the look.

Valentin definitely reads more grey against our off white cabinets (not sure of the exact color) and looks really nice with the champagne bronze hardware and faucet. Lighting makes a difference on how Valentin reads (different at night than in the day / with natural light) - same with the Cloe tile.

We are very happy with how everything is looking. I'll post some photos from my phone. Kitchen is not completely finished but hope these help!

1 Like Save    
C Kelly

8 Likes Save    
dmac1108

@jpru - I forgot about that hood! I remember seeing it now several months ago when I read through that long thread. It’s a stunner!

What I meant was that if I paint the island (instead of staining it and my lowers), I’ve been thinking about using a wood countertop. So - yes - it would be on a blue painted island. I think it would look great. HOWEVER . . .

I have to say that the slab of Ocean Blue would be a definite star in your kitchen! It looks beautiful! I hadn’t really thought much about using quartzite - until I saw some slabs in person. Wow!

Save    
Alice Wachol

@C Kelly: your kitchen is gorgeous and the pictures are exactly what I need! Thank you. For reference, can you please share the color of paint on your walls?

1 Like Save    
C Kelly

@Alice Wachol - Unfortunately, it is a custom color by the previous owners but they were nice enough to leave us a can so we know what it is. It is a light blue/green depending on lighting but here is the label in case this helps!

1 Like Save    
Donna Finch

Hi, I need some advice on my backsplash please. I picked Ocean Honed Mosaic Marble backsplash to go with our Calacatta Valentin counters and I’m having a hard time deciding on what color grout to pair with it. I know grout can completely change the look of the tile so I want to be careful with this decision. I‘m trying to bring out the warm accents in the counters and backsplash to tie it all in with the dark wood floors so I originally picked a warm biscuit color grout, but now I’m afraid it will clash with the design as the backsplash and counters lean more gray. I’m also considering white grout, which will be the most neutral, and light gray grout. Any advice is appreciated. Below is a pic of my materials and the bottom pic is a sample pic of the tile from the Floor and Decor website. Thank you!

1 Like Save    
N

Since you have a marble look counter I would do a plain backsplash

1 Like Save    
Michele Wartell

For those that used quartz as a backsplash what cm was used? For example if you used 3mm on your countertops did you get a 2mm slab for backsplash? Also did anyone with SW pure white cabinets install Valentin/Prada/Monico and are you pleased with the tones? TY!

Save    
Megan

@Michele Wartell We used 3mm on our backsplash as well.

Save    
Mei Li Reedy

We just had our Valentin quartz (countertop and backsplash) installed a few days ago. Waiting for the electrical work to be finished mid-week and I’ll post more pics to show our cabinets.

5 Likes Save    
Mei Li Reedy

Our kitchen is about 90% completed! We’re just waiting for the microwave and pendant lights to be installed and waiting on our custom hood delivery. The cabinets are the original cabinets from when we built 7 years ago. I may decide later to refinish and repaint but we’re done with renovations for the remainder of this year for now (we just had our entire master bath completely renovated, husband is DONE!).

I decided to use the same quartz as the backsplash as I wanted a seamless and clean look. If you look closely, there are no holes for outlets and switches. We moved it all under the cabinet. Again, it gives it a clean look. Simple but classy.

3 Likes Save    
Michele Wartell

Just Beautiful! That was so clever to move electrical under the cabinets. Also, your cabinets are lovely, I wouldn’t paint them. How many slabs did you require?

Save    
Mei Li Reedy

@Michele Wartell thank you! They reserved 4 slabs for us so I’m not sure how many we used.

Save    
newnew10

I agree just beautiful! Thank you for the generous photos.

I'm curious what countertops did you originally have in your kitchen?

Save    
Mei Li Reedy

@newnew10 we had Santa Cecilia granite (builder grade) for the last 7 years.

Save    
newnew10

A major transformation. Gorgeous!

1 Like Save    
tjeubanks

3 Likes Save    
dmac1108

@tjeubanks - Hey! It’s not fair to tease us by posting only one photo!! Please post some more angles of your beautiful new kitchen! Also, is that MSI Calacatta Valentin? What color paint did you use for your cabinets?

I LOVE your vent hood - would you mind providing information about where you purchased it? Thanks!

Save    
tjeubanks

@dmac1108 sorry! I posted a bit too quickly earlier! just finished replacing kitchen countertops and slab backsplash with Calacatta Valentin. We love it! Cabinets are painted SW Alabaster and vent hood is custom from Profile Cabinets.

Save    
tjeubanks

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Quartz vs. Granite: The Battle of the Countertops
Read about the pros and cons — and see great examples — of these popular kitchen countertop materials
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen Counters: Stunning, Easy-Care Engineered Quartz
There's a lot to like about this durable blend of quartz and resin for kitchen countertops, and the downsides are minimal
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Since 1990, our creative team of landscape designers, horticulturists, and field technicians have worked together... Read More