SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megh713

MSI Calacatta Valentin quartz - does anyone have this?

Megan
3 years ago

Does anyone have the MSI Calacatta Valentin (it's a new color I believe) installed in their kitchen? I saw it in the warehouse but the slabs look so much darker on the website so now I'm nervous that maybe it's darker than I thought it was when I saw the slab in person.

Comments (401)

• Antonella Pirone
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

in the end i chose Prado . the backg is white . my cabinets are cream- off white.

without warm light and gray day … you can see the two tones. with warm lights all melt together .

i also add valentine and laza on top as comparisom. more more picts when work will be completed.

• Antonella Pirone
    2 years ago

• Related Discussions

Has anyone used MSI Calacatta Botanica Quartz for kitchen countertops?

Q

Comments (21)
    Our painter has done many homes' cabinets. They use a semi-gloss and it looks great. Just not sure how long-lasting it will be. (We will probably sell in 5 years.). The veining on the Botanica is pretty light. The older version of it - when it was made in China - was much darker.
    ...See More

Does anyone have Calacatta Miraggio quartz?

Q

Comments (302)
    I dislike ours VERY much!! It looks pretty from far away but everything that touches my counters leaves a scratch or stain. I clean these counters constantly & have silicone mats on to prevent further damage. I have had to baby these counters so much!! I won't put down even a CLEAN spoon without a rag, mat or cork mat underneath. It's only my husband & I (no kids). We aren't rough & toss things on it hap hazardly and I still find new scratches or small stains from the smallest splash or drip of something. Worst decision ever!!!
    ...See More

does anyone have pics of MSI Calacatta Miraggio Gold?

Q

Comments (41)
    You need to get a sample and bring it into your home with a sample of the off/white cream cabinet to be able to really tell. When I was looking I brought a sample of my cabinet paint around to stores with me and while that was helpful, I can’t tell you have many samples I brought home that in store lighting looked like a decent match but didn’t look the same in my home lighting. My cabinets are considered a soft white (not off white or cream) and it works perfectly.
    ...See More

MSI Quartz Calacatta Prado or Valentin as countertop and backsplash

Q

Comments (0)
    Has anyone installed either of these as both the counter top, along with slab backsplash (and matching the veins at the seam where counter meets the wall). Please post photos if available.
    ...See More
  • J A
    2 years ago

This post is quite large and I’ve been following it for some time. We have this installed last year and I haven’t got the correct white picked out for my upper cabinets. Can anyone share their warm creamy white for cabinets?

• HU-305746663
    2 years ago

Im getting this for our bathroom with black matte faucets. anyone have black faucets? worried that its going to be to dark.

• newnew10
    last year

I’ve had Calcutta Valentin MSI for about 1 year, which is beautiful. However, when the kitchen lights are off and natural daylight coming through the large island in particular shows pronounced spots, lines and an unbelievable amount of activity marks on a very clean counter. I’ve contacted MSI and their suggestions only make it worse by creating a white spot and adding to the irregularity. Any one else experience this and/or any recommendations getting it to look like new again? Thanks!

• Antonella Pirone
    last year

prado ! the color is whiter than valentin!

my cabinets are creamy and the goldish handles really helps to create a warmer touch !

i like but i find MSI quartz a bit Fragile

• kimkay_628
    last year

Beautiful

• zoomzoom
    last year

Antonella - why do you find the MSI quartz fragile? I'm thinking of using the Valentin in my Master Bath?

• HU-625491858
    last year

What kitchen paint colors go with MSI Calacatta Valentin? More Brown tones or more Gray tones?

• tammyber
    last year

@HU-625491858 - valentin has bith grayish and brownish tones so you are very open to paint colors i chose sherwin williams canvas tan and love it i have dark wood floors and white (alabaster cabinets) with a brown island

• HU-625491858
    last year

@tammyber

I so much appreciate your response. I was at Sherwin Williams paint store yesterday and since I did not have a sample of valentin, it made it hard to chose samples of paint colors. My cabinets are also white with med brown maple floors.

• Deb
    last year

Our cabinets are off white (BM
    White Dove) and our floors are medium brown. We picked BM Revere Pewter for our wall color.

• aliday7
    last year

Antonella I’m loving your Prado counters! I’m wondering what sun exposure your kitchen gets- north south east west?

• Zory
    last year

@newnew10

Is that a problem common to all quartz or just MSI specifically?

• charityjojo
    last year

@tammyber I chose Sherwin Williams “Nuance” for my cabinets to go with my Valentin quartz countertops. I was asked for the paint color info by the cabinet company’s designer (who personally has Valentin countertops - as does the cabinet company owner) - AND I was asked for the paint chip by my countertop company owner/installer (who first recommended Valentin to me). The undertones in “Nuance” really blend with Valentin - and my GE Cafe matte white appliances (which are almost a perfect match for SW Nuance).

I TOTALLY recommend SW Nuance paint color for anyone coordinating with MSI Valentin!

I’ll post pics when my kitchen is fully installed - in process now (will be done Aug 8)!

• kkranz1000
    last year

Can’t wait to see! Why do some people say msi Quartz is fragile?

• newnew10
    last year

Zory I just saw your question and my answer is I don’t know. However, it’s disappointing that it will not wipe up like new. I can’t imagine I’m the only one experiencing this. If any one can share how they successfully clean theirs please share ! Thanks.

• Keli Corey
    last year

We installed Valentin earlier thisnyear and are very happy with it.

• Robert Lerner
    last year

We did a makeover - new island, new vent, new backsplash, new pendents, new sink, removed all of the granite and replace with MISI Valentin this spring.

• Michele Wartell
    last year

Ots beautiful, great job!

• Shannon Mayhugh
    last year

@kelicorey - I would LOVE to see more of your kitchen! Looks beautiful! We have the same dark cabinets and would love to see more of how your countertops turned out!!! please! :)

• Chandler Klein
    last year

We installed Valentin this month and are working on a backsplash. I’m going rogue and mixing cool and warm tones but I think I can make it work. Have to change the lighting as well as we have that awful cfl warehouse lighting. I love the countertops though as I feel like they will stand the test of time because they really do have grey, beige, white, off white, all blended so well

• alechia27
    last year

Can anyone recommend

the best white colour to go with the Valentine?

• Shannon Mayhugh
    last year

@Keli Corey OH MY GOSH!!! GORGEOUS!!!! Thank you so much!!! Your kitchen made my decision for me!!! :) BEAUTIFUL with dark cabinets!!! Looks so much like our kitchen! THANK YOU!!!!!

• alechia27
    last year

@Chandler Klein can you post more pics of your kitchen. What white colour are your cabinets?

• Shannon Mayhugh
    last year

@Robert Lerner GORGEOUS kitchen!!! Do you mind sharing your backsplash and grout?? And maybe a closer picture if you don't mind!! :) Do you feel it is warm for your valentin - I worry cloe will be too gray/cold for my dark espresso cabinets!!! I would LOVE ALL input please please!!! Backsplash is making me crazy! :)

• Shannon Mayhugh
    last year

@atroberman your kitchen is GORGEOUS!!! Exactly what I think I want -- we are struggling with the backsplash but I think Bedrosian Cloe and me picking out the grays like you did is the way I need to go!!! Any chance I could bug you to send an even closer up photograph of the backsplash with the counter top -- we have espresso cabinets and want to see if your backsplash pulls cool at all - I really want it all to stay warm!! Also - would you mind showing us what your backsplash edges look like? I just want to show my installer so he can do that! :) BEAUTIFUL!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! OH - also - where did you find your cloe tile? It's hard to find in town anywhere it seems!

• Shannon Mayhugh
    last year

Hi @Keli Corey! Do you mind sharing what your backsplash is?? THANK YOU!!! :)

• stephaniefullhart
    last year

Question-- we are painting cabinets BM pale oak and walls are shiitake. I am worried that the Valentin will read too warm and possibly clash with these colors.

• Erin Paskett
    last year

atroberman it looks amazing! What color of white are your cabinets? Trying to decide between Sherwin Williams Greek villa, or pure white

• Erin Paskett
    last year

Amber Marshall what color of white are your kitchen cabinets?

• Emily Grimsley
    last year

This feed has been so helpful! After reading this post, I then read one about people’s negative experience with the quality of MSI products. How are all of your Valentin, Prado, and Monaco countertops holding up? They are the only quartz I really like but I am nervous to purchase based on people saying they scratch and discolor. Thanks!

• Jade
    last year

Mine are holding up really well (2+ years) and our family is not gentle with them! Hope that helps!

• Contessa Hall
    last year

Emily thats exactly my thoughts. Those 3 are the only colors I like. I’m going with a soapstone island and quartz perimeter. Im getting a little nervous.

I did get to visit the MSI showroom in Denver, that was helpful!!

photo is Valentin (top) and Prado (bottom)

I really liked the warmth of veining in the Valentin, but the stronger lines of the Prado.

• M M
    9 months ago

Hi I’m trying to decide regarding the Calacatta Valentin. My cabinets are very white and I’m nervous that the valentin will pull too much grey and look off. My plan is to take the countertop up to the backsplash. I have polished nickel pot filler and faucet but still deciding on hardware. What do you think?

• HU-876981061
    7 months ago

does anyone have calacatta valentin with sw extra white cabinets?

• saramjay
    3 months ago

IAnyone use MSI Calacatta Miraggio Cove?

• Jackie Vittardi
    3 months ago

I’m considering it but would love to see pictures!

• gmansgal1
    2 months ago

@Jackie Vittardi - scroll through this thread, you can see lots of pictures of the Calacatta Valentin. Also go to the MSI Surfaces sight or Google images of it.

The main thing is to go to your stone store and see the exact slab you are going to use in person because evidently the background color/hue can vary from slab to slab. The lots are not exactly the same, according to several posters. For example, one slab might be a little darker/lighter or there might be more gray than gold veins and vice versa.

The other thing is bring a cabinet drawer or a large paint sample of your cabinet color as well as wall color and your floor sample, if possible when you go to the store so you can see if the colors blend well together like you want them to.

You can get a 9" X 14" paint sample for $4.99 from Samplize.com. They ship fast, about 2 days. That beats dragging a cabinet drawer or door to the stone store.

• Aly Christensen
    last month

I recently found a slab at a donation store that I love! It’s perfect as it has both grey and gold veins. I haven’t been able to find a match (may need more, or might just buy brand new). Found this thread and seems like maybe this might be Valentin? I already lifted the slab hoping there would be a stamp or sticker indicating brand/model.

Do any of these photos seems like they look like this? Or similar to anything else someone may have looked at?

• charityjojo
    last month

Gorgeous! It appears very similar, but my Valentin doesn’t have any gold in it (maybe a faint almond beige). Love this!

• Aly Christensen
    last month

Thank you! Really random I came across this piece- it matches all the items I already have purchased! Hoping to nail it down as it’s the only remaining piece I need for the kitchen (new build)

• Aly Christensen
    last month

Adding for anyone who needs further photos of Valentin and prado.

Picked both up from MSI today. The specific samples I got the Valentin has more gold to it (both have gold and grey), however, my colors of the background were almost 100% identical. Only frustrating to me as it didn’t go with what I was hoping it would go with!

• Aly Christensen
    last month

Side by side in day light

• HU-438725610
    last month

We are deciding between calacatta valentine and elysio. How does the valentine appear on the counter? Is it too busy or too gray with crystal white cabinets and stainless steel appliances? or do you find it to compliment the crystal white cabinets ? With everuthing white we thought the calcatta added a warm touch of warm white, beige snd gray- but is it too much gray? The Calacatta Elysio is new and i dont have much info on it!

• HU-438725610
    last month

Can anyone give us insight on the calacatta valentin? Also if you have msi quartz are you pleased with its durability? Thanks!!

• HU-438725610
    last month

anyone have any pictures or ideas fior backspash that goes with calcatta valentine? we were thinking of a white or off white matte tile… thanks

• Donna Ierardi
    3 days ago

Aly if venentin doesnt work fir you try calacatta miraggio cove its beautiful im thinking of doing that