SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
osnbsb

Does anyone have Calacatta Miraggio quartz?

Olivia
3 years ago

Hi! I'm having trouble finding some pictures of real life kitchens with the Calacatta Miraggio quartz from MSI. Does anyone have it and can share pictures?

Comments (302)

• Marie Stott
    last year

I think the same

• Natalie Kaszei
    last year

Does anyone have miraggio duo in their kitchen?

• bpeck1951
    last year

I’m curious also, right now trying to decide between miraggio duo and silestone ethereal glow

• Helene Hoedl
    last year

Hello, we had wanted to select the Calacatta Miraggio but given the concerns that we leaned of, we decided to steer clear. We just selected Silestone Ethereal Noctis for the countertop and backsplash - not yet installed. We were told that Silestone and Cambria have right now the best quartz with least staining. We will see.

• HU-737980060
    last year

helene did you install the ethereal noctis yet. we were looking at either noctus or statuario for countertop and backsplash. do you have pics

• HU-737980060
    last year
    last modified: last year

We were looking at the ethereal glow but our installer said the gold veining in it is not subtle.

• Helene Hoedl
    last year

Hi Hu, we could not do the Silestone Noctis as the price was too high. We are leaning towards the Caesarstone Empira White.

• HU-737980060
    last year

Thank Helene. Empira white looks beautiful too. we might have to go with silestone statuario.

• elmo629
    last year

I am struggling with a white paint with miraggio countertops. We decided to paint the whole house the same color white on trim, cabinets & walls with different sheen. BM Distant Gray looks really good with Miraggio countertop sample I have been when my painter painted it in a room it feels really bright & looked blue from the hallway which is not what I want. I'm not sure if it just need another coat or if I should change to BM White Heron which seems to be softer. I'm looking for a soft white but don't want anything yellow. Is White Heron too yellow for Miraggio countertops & backsplash?

This is one coat of BM Distant Gray. Baseboards have not been painted yet.

• elmo629
    last year

This is Distant Gray from hallway which looks blue. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• elmo629
    last year

I'm thinking of changing to BM White Heron. My pics aren't the best with lighting.

• elmo629
    last year

I don't want stark white but also don't want yellow tones and I'm struggling to find a white that goes with cool white countertops without being stark white. Should I stay with BM Distant Gray in kitchen since it goes well with countertops & tone it down in other rooms so it doesn't feel so bright? I dislike choosing paint colors so much. Any help is much appreciated.

• elmo629
    last year

Here is one coat of BM Distant Gray on another wall over closet with a small section of 2nd coat.

• love4kiddos
    last year

The distant grey looks good- but I like blue. We did sw shoji white, but it does have a warmer tone.

• elmo629
    last year

Here a photo with White Heron on the left & Distant Gray on the right with quartz in the middle. I prefer the Distant Gray with the quartz but the problem is that it feels too stark white in bedrooms & we wanted the same color through out. Do you think White Heron is too yellow for this quartz? I notice a more purple/blue tone in the quartz next to White Heron but it looks whiter next to Distant Gray.

• bpeck1951
    last year

As best I can tell, I like the Distant Gray with the quartz but you won’t go wrong with either. Go with what you think looks best all around.

• Carmela Sofia
    last year

The quartz has a cool undertone. my trim is an off white yellow tone and i am bot crazy about that. i would stick to gray tone. also why cant your bedrooms have color? personally i prefer darm warm tones in the bedroom 😉

• elmo629
    last year

I tried color. That side of my house does not get any direct sunlight with small windows so everything we tried (even the most sutle colors) looked very drab or gloomy and I am trying to brighten up the rooms from the current dingy tan. I wanted some color in the rooms but everything we tried was not working out. I do not have a "pinterest" house with tall ceilings & lots of natural light.

• elmo629
    last year

Also the spare bedrooms do not have occupants for sleeping. We use them for a home office in one & exercise room in another so I needed brighter walls to help with lighting without it being stark white.

• jwsargent4
    last year

We have msi mirragio gold amd love it

ALL quartz is made using the same Breton process, different companies license it for their own patterns

ALL companies have complaints against them from dissatisfied consumers with unrealistic expectations that their quartz will be bulletproof

We have not had any issues with staining and we have 4 boys and have plenty of coffee/wine/marinara spills and the occasional stray pen mark. All have cleaned up. Beware of fabricators telling you one brand is better, possibly they are driven by a higher profit margin.

We chose this specific pattern and color because it is made in the US where I expect there is better quality control over ingredients and chemicals than overseas. We also prefer this pattern of a clean white background and subtle veining because it looks more natural than other quartz patterns which appear too manmade/artificial. Lastly, we have a very large island and this was one of the slabs that came in a size large enough not to have any seams.

• HU-737980060
    last year

Hi, your kitchen is beautiful.

• HU-737980060
    last year

What is the name of the backsplash tile and the mix of colours. it is beautiful

• jwsargent4
    last year

Zia Tile Absinthe

• Liz Schultz
    last year

Love the counters. Is your stove 30 or 36 wide?

• Nick P
    last year

@jwsargent4 i was thinking of getting the same counter top as you....how do you think it would look with black hardware/fixtures?

• Liz Schultz
    last year

@jwsargent4 how wide is your stove, so you mind telling me where you got your range hood and are your cabinets under your island white or light wood? Your kitchen is beautiful!

• jwsargent4
    last year

thank you for the compliments

our stove is 48” wide

the hood was built by our carpenter, the trim/molding on the hood is white oak finished with Rubio Monocoat in Natural

Cabinets are all white in 50% Duck White by Sherwin Williams (our walls are Duck White with Revere Pewter trim)

• jwsargent4
    last year

As far as matching hardware, the counters are Calacatta Mirragio Gold which is a warm white that goes well with brass

MSI also has this pattern in Calacatta Mirraggio that is cooler with grey veining that would work well with black hardware

• Liz Schultz
    last year

@jwsargent4 thank you so much!!!

• Jill Roth
    11 months ago

I have calcatta miraggio and wondering what white to do the cabinets. I dont want anything with undertone especially yellow. Just a good match with countertop. Brand of paint thats great for cabinets? TIA

• Melissa Reese
    10 months ago

jwsargent4... thanks for your posting. Duck White is in the final running for my home color (entire home, ceilings and all). How is the Duck White looking as far as wall paint (cabinets will be SW Succulent). THX

• Roselyn h
    10 months ago

Considering the Miraggio... would you consider it stark white? thanks

• HU-736747131
    10 months ago

We are going through kutchen remodel. our half kitchen with countertops is installed. main island that has stove gas range work will resume soon. we went with MSI calacatta mirraggio which does look beautiful. The countertop is staining with anything that spills. first I started noticing coffee and tea marks, then i spilled some soup I had to leave soak dtergent and windex for 3-4 hours on teh stain post which it got off. I was grating fresh carrots and some shredded parts fell off cutting board on the coubtertop and stained it as i cleaned the cougtertop post cutting and cooking. MSI rep is coming next week to inspect the quality. I am glad the staining problem came to attention before we installed the island. ideally, I would just like to get it replaced if an option. Not keen on using bar keeper and similar cleaning supplies that are not environmentally friendly and not good for the countertop on the long run.

Any recommendations on what questions i should ask MSI on the high % of staining? probing questions on quality? Much appreciate any guidance. Thanks

• S N
    10 months ago

I was originally encouraged by earlier comments on mirragio gold and confidently went ahead with it. We’ve been living with it for about 10 weeks now, many stains, different kinds and they are not coming off easily. Tried multiple speciality quartz cleaners but it’s not coming off. They shouldn’t be selling this any more. Anyone interested in class action?

• Carmela Sofia
    10 months ago

Hi you can use soft scrub with bleach to get rid of thise stains. i do it all the time. use a cotton lint free cloth. my friends with other brands of quartz have similiar problems. maybe its wuartz in general?

• elmo629
    10 months ago

We installed miraggio about 2mths ago. I baby the hell out of these counters & clean them all the time & I still have marks all over it. I feel like anything we put down on them leaves a mark or scratch. They look pretty from afar but I see a new scratch all the time & it is me & my husband (no kids) & we are careful with them.

• elmo629
    10 months ago

Btw...can anyone give me recommendations on our unfinished island? Painter stained it the wrong color so we had to sand it down & can't decide if I want to go with a light stain, paint it a smoky blue/darker grey color or go with white like the rest of the kitchen. I'm hesitant with white because our trashcan is in the island & where dirty hands grab & messes that I keep up the most. Recommendations appreciated.

• g g
    10 months ago

Just echoing what Carmela says below; Soft Scrub with Bleach.

After my kid does art projects on the counter sometimes there are "stains" that a regular counter cleaner can't remove no matter how much you scrub. The Soft Scrub with Bleach takes care of them immediately. It's also great on "scratches" from dragging metal across the counter, or from metal buttons rubbing on the edge of the counter.

• S N
    10 months ago

I will def try bleach later today and update if that worked

• g g
    10 months ago

Not bleach. "Soft Scrub with Bleach". It's a shampoo-like consistency. A little goes a long way.

https://www.softscrub.com/products/soft-scrub-bleach-cleanser/

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    10 months ago

No Bleach:

This is from MSI's website

Do not ever spray or squirt anything directly onto the top .

Good luck

• g g
    10 months ago

Oh wow, good to know. OK, so regular soft scrub. We just bought the Soft Scrub with Bleach yesterday based on recommendations for Caesarstone.

https://www.caesarstoneus.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/cs_careguide_residential_aug-2020_compressed.pdf

• lsposato
    10 months ago

Has anyone installed Miraggio Duo

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    10 months ago

Start a new thread if you expect a response

• Carmela Sofia
    10 months ago

GG - i thibk you will be fine i have been using soft scrub with bleach im tough stains like tumeric, wine, metal etc for the last 2.3 years with no issues

• Alexander Derfler
    2 months ago

This post was SO helpful when I was trying to decide what countertop to get so I wanted to share my photos of MSI Calacatta Miraggio that was installed yesterday. I have navy blue cabinets and it looks incredible with it. Very happy with it so far!

• elmo629
    last month

I dislike ours VERY much!! It looks pretty from far away but everything that touches my counters leaves a scratch or stain. I clean these counters constantly & have silicone mats on to prevent further damage. I have had to baby these counters so much!! I won't put down even a CLEAN spoon without a rag, mat or cork mat underneath. It's only my husband & I (no kids). We aren't rough & toss things on it hap hazardly and I still find new scratches or small stains from the smallest splash or drip of something. Worst decision ever!!!

• Alexander Derfler
    last month

I have only had the countertops for a few weeks now but I understand what you mean. They don’t seem as durable as I was expecting but they are beautiful!

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    last month

I must say that I am truly surprised to hear all of this. MSI Q is one of my best selling countertop brands. I have sold a lot of the Mirragio. I have not had one customer call me about any issues. I suppose they could have reached out to the fabricator directly, but I think we would have heard about it.

I hope everyone has a better experience!