SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dbarronoss

November 2020 Week 4

dbarron
3 years ago

Wow...we're almost at Turkey Day. It looks to be a rainy week here in NWA.

It rained earlier today, and hopefully that's all for today, with chances for pretty much the rest of the week.

I received my Jelitto (Germany) seeds in the mail yesterday and seed starting soil mix the day before, so this morning I got out and planted Heliopsis 'Burning Hearts' in media, as it doesn't require cold stratification and I would love to get them to bloom first year (thus starting soooo early). I put three set of seeds wrapped in moist paper towels, and enclosed in plastic ziplocks, into the fridge to cold stratify and updated my spreadsheet (my memory) for when they could come out, one at Christmas, one mid January, and one end of January.

By then I'll be starting more to cold stratify outside, assuming it ever gets cold enough to do the job (that's why things went into the fridge). The rest of this year promises to be too warm to provide cold stratification.

It was very little gardening, but something for late November. Hope everyone has a good holiday, despite the ongoing virus proliferation.

Comments (74)