SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canishel

Need help with under cabinet lighting

canishel
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Under cabinet LED lights were installed about 10 years ago during a kitchen remodel. Except for the light connectors, most wiring is behind walls and ceilings. There are four sets of lights, each controlled by its own dimmable switch. I really like these lights and the setup.

The LEDs are now beginning to fail/burn out. The company from which I bought them no longer makes my model. The representative has not been very good at getting back with me, but he did suggest tape LED substitutes.

So if I have to replace the entire lighting system and since under cabinet lighting is more available now, I might as well buy locally.

In searching local stores for LED strips (not a problem finding them), the connectors are different from the ones I have. None have three pin male plugs that I have. The cable/wiring behind the walls has three wires.

Before I call an electrician to install, should I assume that the cables from the switches to the light connectors are a “one size fits all” and any replacement connections will work?

I don’t want to solder connections because the lights will probably need replacing.

Also, does the LED tape withstand sometime humid conditions? That is, will it fall off the cabinet?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Also is a 24 V 2A converter a universal fit for most LED lights? They were expensive, so I'd hate to have to replace them. Unless they wear out.

Here are some pix.

Connectors:

cable connection

Comment (1)