SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Su 11/15

Annie Deighnaugh
3 years ago

Free for all Sunday!

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (26)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Indian pipes....I always thought they were a fungus, but they're not. They are a flowering plant related to the blueberry, but have no chlorophyll, thus no leaves and are not dependent on sunshine for photosynthesis. They can grow in the darkest parts of the forest and live off of fungi, trees, and decaying plant matter.

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    3 years ago

Fiery Aloe on the island of Madeira.

• Alisande
    3 years ago

Annie, we used to own some forested acreage, and that's where I became familiar with Indian pipes. Haven't seen them in years--thanks for sharing!

One of the cemeteries where I've been hanging out this past week.

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

ALong the Delaware River and Towpath above New Hope, PA

• hallngarden
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Took this yesterday. We were just sitting and watching all the activities in the ocean. Marilyn, was thinking about Jody watching the shrimper go by. We hear them go out early in the morning and back very late in afternoon. After he passed our house thousands of sea gulls started surrounding his boat. Sky was black with gulls surrounding him. We support shrimpers as we walk on to the dock to buy shrimp two to three days a week. It’s my most favorite food in the world. Can’t beat, fresh shrimp just coming out of the ocean. Shrimp will be our thanksgiving dinner. Thank you to Jody for keeping the industry alive. Know it was not an easy life. Marilyn , were you ever a shrimper , or were you home raising babies and tending animals. Sure you have told us and I had forgotten.

• User
    3 years ago

While going through my photos this week, looking for weather shots, I came across this one. It is of my son on one of our ice fishing weekends several years ago. I remember how much fun the kids would have.

We’d spend most of the day out on the lake. The kids liked lying on the ice, with a blanket over their heads, peering down the hole, watching the fish swimming up to the hooks. They also got a thrill listening to, what sounded like the ice cracking when a vehicle drove on the lake. It was simply the wave under the ice, created by the weight and movement.

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Tranquil place on the walking path of my Florida community. Sometimes

water rushes under this seating area into the little pond.

• User
    3 years ago

Made me smile, and despite the warning, I think I’d like to go in and meet the residents of the house.

• Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

Life Is So Exhausting

• User
    3 years ago

LOL, maddiemo!

😁

• nhbaskets
    3 years ago

Let the decorating begin!

• User
    3 years ago

That’s such a cute one of your son Roxsol. Had he caught the fish on the ice?

• dedtired
    3 years ago

I was fascinated by this lumpy tree in Valley Forge Park.

• User
    3 years ago

That’s such a cute one of your son Roxsol. Had he caught the fish on the ice?

I think so. It was quite a while ago and one of many ice fishing trips. I’ll assume it was his, as it was next to his hole. It’s a tiny one, I’m surprised it wasn’t put back!

• Lars
    3 years ago

Abbot Kinney Street Fair, 2003, a few block from my house in Venice

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

A friend of mine has horses, 2 are too old to ride, 30 and 32, and she knows that I'd love to come out and see them, brush them, muck stalls etc.

She bought a 3rd horse this week and yesterday invited me out. It took a couple of minutes for the horses to get used to me of course; they were outside in a paddock, but I earned their trust (with some treats and calming voice) and I brushed them to my heart's content. I also emptied the wheelbarrow and filled water buckets.

Then we went to the other stable where she has her new horse. Wow, she's huge! She's 19, and will be ridden.

She's a Shire draft horse. We brought her in and tied her and I got to brush her as well. She's strong and will-minded but very gentle. She needs some work to make sure that she realizes that B. is the boss, she's so big, she can walk right over you if she has a mind to.

So that was my day yesterday, and I loved it. (Marilyn, check her out!)

• lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago

Annie, love those Indian Pipes. Growing up playing in the woods around our small town my playmates and I often found them and thought they were mystical in some way. Haven't seen any in more than 60 years.

This handsome fellow is the official support dog of a man that is visiting next door. He is such a sweetheart. Love his blue eyes.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

A small portion of our Botanical Garden’s Galaxy of Lights display this year. It’s the 25th year this display has been done, all by volunteer efforts. My DH works in the setup crew and I was co-chair this year. It was hard due to C19 restrictions but we worked with the Garden staff to get it done and ensure safety measures were in place for entry and ticket scans, etc. Sorry for multiple photos but I am very proud of our team!

This is an example of one of the many animated displays on the 2 mile trail. We do walking nights (including 3 ‘dog nights’ when guests can bring leashed dogs for a $3 fee) for the first 2 weeks and then after Thanksgiving convert to driving nights.

• jrb451
    3 years ago

White Ferns, Uisge Bàn Falls, Baddeck, CBI

• lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago

OutsidePlaying, very, very nice.

• Michele
    3 years ago

Scrolling through old photos I found this. My son was nine. I came home from work and he asked for my phone. He styled it by arranging the tomatoes around the plate. He cooked it himself. This was August of 2010

• nicole___
    3 years ago

Another one of my butt shots I'm so "good" at. hahaha

• glenda_al
    3 years ago

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Thank you lgmd. It’s a labor of love. It takes a lot of people, working almost year round to make it happen.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

I added cute little patches to Mia's jean jacket.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

Martha Washington geranium

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations