SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01

Diversion decorating - help me choose new slipcover fabric for sofa

daisychain Zn3b
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

In 5 short years, our cats have completely destroyed our creamy white, linen slipcover. I adore our sofa and have loved the look of the linen - until the cat destruction.

We are ordering a new slipcover, but wanted opinions on whether we should leave it as is or make a change. Is off-white linen still in fashion? In my mind, it is timeless, but I'm at an age where I feel like I'm starting to be clueless about what's in or out. And, yes, this does matter to me. I would never choose something I didn't love, but I am swayed in what I love, by what is in fashion. If I have to choose between two things I love, I would lean to the one that is coming into trend and away from what is on it's way out.

I am always going to be drawn to more natural fabrics (just like the cats), so it would probably have to be cotton, linen, wool, or possibly velvet . We did have a poly chenille sofa long ago that the cats did not touch and that would be the smart choice. I probably wouldn't do a poly, but wouldn't say no if someone had a suggestion that fit my style and was durable.

The pictures are from when we were just moving in and the cats hadn't done their damage yet. Also, showing the chairs that it needs to coordinate with.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida