SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_brandt93

Help with choosing colors of TV stand and couch cover!

Kristin Brandt
6 years ago

Just moved into a new apartment and am working to spruce it up on an inexpensive budget. My goal is for the room to have a bohemian theme, full of rich colors and textures and very cozy feeling. I have this rug with a couch and ottoman on one end and the TV on the other. (The photo is a little curvy because I took a panorama so you could see the whole room in one.) The couch is very comfortable but the fabric is old and stained, so I want to get a cover for it as well as some throws and decorative pillows eventually. The TV stand I found for a steal at a thrift shop with the intent to paint it. I'm getting rid of the stand the TV is on now, so you can ignore that. I'm using the stand that's in the other picture. It isn't actually mine because I already took mine apart and forgot to take a photo beforehand, but it's the same model. I'm planning on making the glass doors into mirrors and want to paint the rest of it. Problem is, I don't know what color to make the stand or the couch cover! I want it to be cohesive but don't want it to be too matchy matchy or boring. For reference, the walls are a cream color and the carpet around the rug is brown. Any advice on color choices would be greatly appreciated!!

^Glass doors will be mirrors.

Comments (5)