SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_649014049

Ceiling and beam color combo help!

Jennifer J
3 years ago

We are prepping for a remodel on this 1978 gem. The walls are definitely going white walls with drywall over the current wood and we want crisp, clean and cohesive while keeping much of the 70s elements' integrity (including the massive moss rock fireplace). The stairs will be much cleaner with a combo of drywall, grey wood cap and iron and we like black as an accent color. The brick floor will stay and the wood floor shown will be restained a more neutral color, possibly driftwood gray. So, the question I am stuck on is what combo to work magic on the ceiling and beams. Option 1 is leave it brown. Other options include some combo of off white and charcoal or off white and brown wood as is. I am not sure what would best blend and make the somewhat intrusive beams disappear. See photo below for picture of the massive windows facing South so white is definitely not needed for more light in this case. We are not sure about the kitchen cabinets (black or driftwood gray?) but everything else in there stays as is. First photo shows the basement ceiling which we need to decide on as well. I am more open to going all white there or white with wood beams. Any suggestions welcome! Thank you!

Comments (8)