SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maira_malik

[Layout help] Do have enough space for a bathtub?

M. M.
3 years ago

Partner and I are closing on a house soon and the first project we plan to take on is the master suite — fingers crossed (and if funds permit) before we even move in.

The current layout is very strange. There is no door between the bath and bedroom’s hallway, and the pedestal sink sits outside of the bath, it is actually the first thing you see when you walk into the suite. (See first illustration)

Our dream is to have a master suite with a free standing bathtub and a separate shower. The square footage of the bathroom area is small, but we’re looking for help fitting in a toilet, shower, free-standing bathtub, and a double sink vanity in the 10’10” x 6’8” space. (See second illustration)

We came up with the second layout together, but we’re not sure if it’ll feel too tight and narrow. What are your thoughts? Is there another optimal layout that we’re not seeing?

Excuse the amateur nature of these blue prints. I put them together using my wire framing software, and they are generally to scale, where 1 pixel = 1 inch. Recommendation for a more legitimate (and free) software is appreciated.

Lastly, if you’ve worked with a builder in Oakland or SF who you recommend for this project, and is budget friendly please DM me (closing is costing most than we expected and we have a tighter budget than originally planned).

Comments (14)