SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES -- CAPE COD CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

User
3 years ago

I like Sarah Leah Chase and my DH got me her latest cookbook, New England Open House Cookbook. There are some really good recipes in there. Yesterday we were having our street worked on and there was a worker who stood from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. so I thought I would make him some cookies and decided that most men like chocolate chip and I love trying new things.

They were superb. My DH said they were the best ever. They are also HUGE!!! (that is a 9 inch dinner plate that the cookies are on -- not a salad plate or bread and butter). I thought I would share the recipe:

CAPE COD CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature

1 c. light brown sugar

1 c. sugar

3 eggs

3 1/2 t. vanilla (yes LOTS of vanilla)

4 c. flour

1 1/2 t. baking soda

1/2 t. baking powder

1/2 t. salt

12 ounces semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks (but I used morsels because I had those)

Preheat oven to 350

Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment.

Beat butter and sugars at medium speed until light in color (2 to 3 minutes). Beat in eggs and vanilla, mixing only until the eggs are just broken. (Mixing eggs more will toughen the dough).

Place the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in the chocolate., tossing gently, then add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Beat on. medium low speed until evenly incorporated about 1 minute, scrapping down the side of the bowl as necessary.

Using a full size ice cream scoop, arrange balls of the batter on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1 1/2 inch apart. (You get basically six on a sheet). Flattern slightly with your fingers.

Bake the cookies 15 to 17 minutes. Let the cookies cool 1 to 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. The cookies will keep for 4 days when stored in at airtight container but are tastiest if devoured the day they are baked.

Comments (26)