SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariana_y

I need, err, I mean Kitchen needs HELP

Mariana Y
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello lovely Houzz community, are you ready for a challenge? (because boy do I have one for you! 😬)

We just bought our first house and OH she is lovely and... well, see the kitchen? She’s lovely but in dire need of “un muting,” I’d say. We’re starting from scratch here, and my dream would be to eventually knock down that wall you see with the stove to open it up to the living, but we probably should spend what we have left on... well, a mattress and couch and everything else that’s more necessary.

Question time: If you wanted to add “oomph” to this, where would you start? The backsplash? Cabinets? (What kind of cabinets are those, even, and is there any hope that painting them could help?) I do NOT like the counter color... Maybe it’s not so bad though, if it’s more of a cabinet or backsplash color that could give it some life?

What I love most about this kitchen is the light that comes in. whites, yellows, blues and teals call our name. So do wood counters. Basically, we like it all because we know zero about design and know enough to know we would like more of our sunny personalities shown here.

This has felt like a confessional, thank you for reading this if you’re still with me.

Comments (22)