Holiday card exchange?

Rosefolly

I was wondering what people thought about it this year. Too much to bother with? Or a symbol of normalcy?

SaveComment20Like
Comments (20)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheri_z6

I'd be interested, and definitely consider it a symbol of normalcy. But if others aren't into it this year, I'd totally understand.

Save    
donnamira

I'd enjoy doing it again too.

Save    
merryworld

I'm in!

Save    
skibby (zone 4 Vermont)

Let's do it!!

Save    
Carolyn Newlen

Yes, please.

Save    
yoyobon_gw

Is this a card exchange or the annual bookmark exchange ?

Save    
Rosefolly

I was planning the annual bookmark exchange. But that's a thought. In the days of COVID, will it be difficult to source the bookmarks? Please share your thoughts.

Save    
yoyobon_gw

It might be a fun to create a bookmark . I've always found those most interesting. There are many designs for bookmarks that can be printed from online sources for free .......or purchased from Etsy.com for a very minimal price and then printed. Perhaps our bookmarks can have a "pandemic theme" !

Save    
merryworld

Lots of museums and bookstores sell bookmarks via their internet shops, and if you have the means and a particular favorite, they could use support this year. The Strand, Powell's, and Harvard Bookstore all have reasonably priced bookmarks you can order. Like Yoyobon, I also love the homemade ones and have enjoyed making some myself. That said, I'm happy with just a card, too. It's the connection, the joy of putting a smile on someone's face, and anticipation of real mail that counts for me. I hope everyone who wants to participates joins in and doesn't give up for lack of bookmarks.

2 Likes Save    
skibby (zone 4 Vermont)

No lack of bookmarks here. I'd be happy with just a card, too.

Save    
rouan

I have way more bookmarks than I will ever use but I love doing the exchange so I am in, bookmarks or not!

Save    
yoyobon_gw

"real mail "......wouldn't that be a joy. I am so tired of opening my mailbox and finding it stuffed with political pleas and campaigns.

Save    
sheri_z6

I have bookmarks, I'm good to go. Cards are fine, too. It's all a big happy YES! to real mail and our long connection here : )

Save    
Carolyn Newlen

I'm okay with either one, but maybe we would have more participants if we only sent cards.

Save    
christine_a

I’m in again this year. I already spied the bookmarks that I’d send to all of you but if the plan is just cards that’s ok as well. Thanks for organizing Rosefolly!

Save    
donnamira

I was planning to print out bookmarks this year, although I still have dozens of leftover NASA bookmarks, if people don't mind duplicates of bookmarks you probably already have. But sending only a card is fine, since they make great bookmarks too. :)

Save    
Rosefolly

Sounds like we're all okay with it. Let's say that any solution we pick will be fine - card by itself, card with new bookmark, card with crafted bookmark, card with repeat bookmark -- whatever we choose.

Let's wait a couple more weeks to see if anyone else wants to join in the fun. I can send the list out just before Thanksgiving. If anyone has a new mailing address or a new email, please let me know. I'm pretty sure I have last year's saved in my rosefolly email. I'll check to be sure.

Rosefolly

1 Like Save    
skibby (zone 4 Vermont)

Hooray!

Save    
Rosefolly

I'm headed off for a few days to see my newborn granddaughter and her family. I am thinking that by the end of this week I could organize and send out the addresses. I don't think we are going to get any more participants (though of course they would be welcome!).

If anyone has changed mailing addresses or emails since last year, please let me know. I'll need to check on email addresses as well. Anyone who needs to communicate with me off the forum can do so through Houzz. I'm enabled to receive mail that way.

2 Likes Save    
Carolyn Newlen

My email address is now carolynnewlen@gmail.com

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Call: Show Us Your Original Holiday Card
Calling all designers! We want to see your original Christmas and Hanukkah card designs
Full Story
Exteriors Entry Refresh: 19 Mailbox Ideas to Try Before Holiday Cards Arrive
Change your mailbox color, type or placement to deliver a new look to your entryway
Full Story
DIY Projects Make Your Own String-Art Holiday Card
Using just a needle and thread, you can decorate a plain piece of card stock with a pretty Christmas tree
Full Story
Specializing In custom flooring, cabinetry, and other Home Improvement services since 2010 serving homeowners and... Read More
MW Construction performs all types of construction from design-build to general contracting to construction... Read More