SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

Back into Misfits - it is New England Autumn here

artemis_ma
3 years ago

I postponed Misfits Market for two months while I could do my own home grown veggies, and a nearby farmer's market. The most recent batch of their selections arrived today - and I wasn't paying enough attention to select my own ideas, before this got shipped out.

I have to say, this batch is actually good, even though I made no choices. I am NOT a carrot fan, but this came with multi-colored carrots, and these will end up frozen for future mirepoix, and the greens - which I am glad for - are headed down to the chickens before I put them to bed tonight. The only weird thing is ONE mid-sized turnip, but that's okay as I grew my own turnips myself this summer.

This round, everything is fresh. There are several small apples, and will have to check variety.

Here on the home front, I am going to harvest my beets and turnips over the next three or four days. There's also some kale growing here, but unfortunately I don't like this variety of kale as much as some of my earlier endeavors. I'll still harvest... and if the chickens end up enjoying portions I don't want - no waste.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living