SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

3katz4me
3 years ago

We used to host TG for family but haven't in many years since parents passed and siblings chose to have it with their immediate families. Since then we've gone to friends' cabin with just four of us. They aren't going to do it this year because of Covid. So for the first time in many, many years I'm making TG dinner again but just for two. Not sure if it will be at the lake or at home but I'm leaning toward home so I can pull out my china, crystal, etc. which I also haven't used in ages.

I made this turkey roulade once in the past and I think I will make that again. We have been bringing this sweet potato dish to friends TG and will make that too (sans marshmallows). We'll also have rutabagas which we like but haven't had in years because most people don't like them. Still pondering mashed potatoes and gravy since DH doesn't care for that. We and our friends have been having gravy from a jar and every year discuss how it's the best gravy we've ever had so we'll have that if we have it at all and probably prepared mashed potatoes from Costco (gasp!!). I always like to have something green and usually make some brussels sprouts dish but I think I might have peas. And I think I'll make my annual batch of pumpkin bars for TG instead of having pie since I'm not a big fan of pie crust. I'm looking forward to it even though it will just be the two of us.

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County