SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariaz20

Should I upgrade my flooring?

maria Z
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking to do renovations in a studio apartment space ( I work from home and I may be staying for a couple of years more, until the situation clears up).

The renovation work will cover upgrading the kitchen cabinets ( building a metal/glass partition ( below is the mockup that I did myself to show I visualized the place ).

Now the project is on hold because I'm still thinking whether or not I should upgrade my ceramic tiles with a newer one to be glued on top of the existing one.. I know this is not the ideal way of doing it but I can't afford doing any demo work, I'm focused on the looks and the overall ambience.

I've initially considered the HDF flooring because of the easy fit out process, but it will cost almost the double to get a decent quality + installation.

Is the current flooring ugly?

I started to feel this way after seeing all the new designs and trends. I was thinking of a beige toned concrete feel ( matte ) 60x60 tiles .. the current ones are glazed off-white with grey veins (40x40).

The alternative solution is to stick only to changing the grout and proceed with the rest of renovation list ( will save me almost 1000 USD ), however I've read on the forums that removing old grout can be a risky job causing more damage ( chipped tile edges ) considering that the age of the current grout is 10 years old.

I appreciate everyone's input in advance

Cheers

Comments (13)