Crumb topping for fruit pies

twoyur

Does anyone have a crumb topping recipe that would work on a fruit pie. The few I have tried just dissolve into the filling.

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plllog

Streusel topping works on a crumble. Maybe your oven is too hot? Instead of starting at 425° F, try 375° F?

1 Like Save    
Islay Corbel

Crumble topping doesn't fall into the fruit. To 10oz plain flour, rub in 6oz butter. You can do this by hand or machine. Then stir in 6 oz sugar, whatever type you feel goes best with your fruit. You can sprinkle that as is onto your fruit and bake 30 mins. Or, you can add a couple handfuls of porridge oats, some spices, whatever you fancy.

Save    
lindac92

Cup of flour, cup of brown sugar, cup of rolled oats, half cup butter and cinnamon to taste....or ginger...or both...or a bit of vanilla.
I make double the recipe in the cuisinart with the plastic blade and keep it in the freezer.

Save    
Marilyn_Sue

I have not tried this but have been thinking on a peach pie or maybe apple to put half a box of yellow cake mix and dot well with butter and bake. Even with some nuts on it. At my age I am looking for easier ways to do things. It would be the crispy type topping like on a dump cake.

Sue

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Crazy for Fruit Trees
Whether a single citrus or a mini apple orchard, even the smallest landscape space can bear deliriously delicious fruit
Full Story
Most Popular How to Get Rid of Those Pesky Summer Fruit Flies
Learn what fruit flies are, how to prevent them and how to get rid of them in your home
Full Story
Apartment Life Warm Up Fall With an Apple Pie Party at Home
A pie enthusiast shares a recipe, ideas for pretty crusts, and tips on how she makes the most of her rental kitchen
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More