SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
delani_paciello

Dog-friendly sofa with contemporary glam aesthetic...help!

Delani Paciello
3 years ago

I have two shih-tzus who love to get on our sofas (no un-training them now) and an English Cream (aka almost WHITE) golden retriever puppy (not allowed on sofa). We tried white Pottery Barn performance slipcovered fabric (not Sunbrella) sofas with our two little dogs previously and they were definitely not as resistant to stains as we had hoped. We are currently debating between leather vs a lighter grey performance fabric sofas. Darker fabric sofas would work for our smaller dogs (to hide dirty paw prints, etc) but our golden sheds white fur like crazy so we need something on the lighter-colored side that is also durable and resistant to dirt and stains. We thought about white leather because I love the look and versatility of white sofas, but I'm not sure how that would hold up to little dogs because I've never owned leather furniture before. I don't love the look of brown/tan as it doesn't typically fit in my decor style. This seems like an impossible problem and I've been trying so hard to think of ideas around it. Anyone have any ideas?!

Comment (1)