SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sasametz1s

Hot mess express needs direction for small townhouse living room

Susie Sametz
6 years ago
You’ve been warned!! Lol. Hi! Re-doing my living room/eating area and need direction/guidance on flooring color, sofa/chair colors, table styles, and kitchen table/chairs.

Home recently painted Repose Gray throughout. I have white trim and doors with satin nickel hardware. Space is limited and all windows are East facing, so trying to keep it light and bright with contemporary furniture in a gray, black, white, silver color scheme. Thinking of doing Tiffany blue as my accent color? We can get to that later though.

Everything in my first two pics of my place can go except I’d like to keep the gray faux fur pillows and throw. Carpet will be ripped out and the whole house will be replaced with a wood-look vinyl or porcelain plank (thanks to the dog)- but what color to go with? Dark floors? Light floors? I personally like dark (especially with the gray walls), but am afraid of it making my small space look even smaller...

Here are some of my ideas:
*white or charcoal gray tufted sofa/loveseat/chair(s). Prefer not have black because of the dog- his hair is a nightmare (another concern about having dark floors -_-)
*due to limited light I was thinking either mirrored top or glass topped cocktail and end tables.
*glass top round or square table with gray fabric chairs for eating area
*no clue about rug color

I found a beautiful rug that’s in the color scheme, but I can’t picture it with dark floors because it’s black, gray, and silver

So what would you all do?? How would you design/decorate it?? I would love any feedback! I’ve also posted some pics of furniture I’ve seen out and about that I like. Just trying to picture it all together is where I fall short. Thanks in advance!!

P.S. I wish more than four photos was allowed lol

Comments (84)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH