SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkansas_girl

Do you have your Federally Compliant Driver's License yet? LADIES!

arkansas girl
3 years ago

I just wanted to give you all a heads up about getting this new driver's license. I am in Ohio, so it could be somewhat different in other states but I would assume it is the same for everyone. I went to get this new DL and thought that I had all the many pieces of paperwork that I could possibly need. Well, I was wrong...they need to have your marriage licenses from any previous marriage unless you legally changed your name back to your maiden name. So now, I'm going to have to go through the hassle of getting that from the county where I was married and their website seems so antiquated. You have to print out a copy of the form, fill it out and mail it to them with the money to pay for the license copies. So give yourself some extra time to get these things and don't wait until the last minute. Their reasoning is that they have to have a chain of name changes so they know that you are the person on your birth certificate. We do have until next October though, as the deadline has been extended because of covid. My friend had hers done last year when it first started and did not have to have this...apparently, they have tightened things up some.

Comments (74)