SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Temps for Cooking Muffins

bbstx
3 years ago

Posted the below comment yesterday on a thread that perhaps was spam. It seems to have disappeared.

@plllog responded on that thread, but I never got to read it. I just saw the first couple of lines on my notification email. When I tried to follow the link, it no longer worked.

I was wondering about baking temperatures today. I baked 2 different recipes of muffins with plans for a 3rd tomorrow. I started with banana muffins. My recipe from Simply Recipes calls for cooking the muffins at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Next up were Morning Glory Muffins. Regretfully, I didn’t record where the recipe was from. It bakes at 400 for 22-25 minutes. Next up is blueberry muffins, a recipe from a church cookbook. It bakes at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. It would seem to me that a muffin is a muffin is a muffin. I began to wonder about the wide range of temperatures, although the times remain fairly consistent.

My Morning Glory Muffins bake up very dark. I’m wondering if I ought to lower the temp and extend the time. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Comments (4)