SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

Comfort foods when ill

agmss15
3 years ago

I have been thinking about comfort foods of late. I think we all get especially conservative about eating when we don’t feel good.

My mom’s partner has not been feeling great. He was recently diagnosed with Lyme’s and is being treated. She has been very worried and been trying to make nice meals for him. At the end of my dad’s battle with cancer his wife did the same for him.

In both cases it doesn’t quite work because everyone’s comfort food is different. My mom is a good cook, an adventurous eater and from a cosmopolitan jewish background. Her partner is none of the above. He is generally appreciative of having decent food around but goes to Burger King whenever he can. He doesn’t really want Borscht.

My dad married a Taiwanese woman late in life and generally was open and curious about her culture and cuisine. That said as he went through his illness he really wanted the comfort foods of Brooklyn be it a Reuben or chicken noodle soup.

What are your comfort foods? How fussy do you get when you aren’t feeling great?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!