SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hcbm

Warning, Disgusting, Gross, and Upsetting Experience

hcbm
3 years ago

Sorry, this is gross.

I was going to change my toilet seat. I bought a "new" toilet seat all wrapped in plastic and cardboard. First I took off the old one, gave the toilet a really good scrubbing and opened the "new" seat. The package had a plastic handle and I was surprised when I picked it up and it fell off, but didn't think twice about it. I opened the package and noticed several tiny little spots on the bottom, thought it was odd but assumed it was from manufacturing. I put the seat on and was about to tighten the nuts when I opened it and saw feces down the back of the bottom of the seat. Like someone missed a little when sick. I can't tell you how disgusted and upset I was. I wasn't wearing gloves. YUCK!!!!! I got a large black garbage bag and threw the seat and packaging in the bag and washed my hands over and over and then dosed them in alcohol. I called a friend who said how could that be. They suggested I check the packaging and sure enough the plastic wrap cover had been scotch taped on to the cardboard and the cardboard top had been taped where ripped open from who ever returned a dirty, disgusting seat.

What kind of person does this? I have experienced many a strange and upsetting thing in my life but this is just so purposeful. And during Covid. Why? Now do I return the seat in the bag to the store so they never take one back without checking it has never been used or just toss it?

Comment