SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
share_oh

So what does someone do that actually gets covid-19?

share_oh
3 years ago

I'm asking because my husband has been sick for over 3 weeks. He couldn't get in to see his PCP for over a month! He got a phone call with a nurse practitioner at 2 weeks in and she said it sounded like the flu and to wait a week and if he wasn't better to call back.

Well, he wasn't better so he called Monday and after being on hold for about an hour, talked to another NP who called in an antibiotic for him.

Meanwhile, we decided he should find a new PCP. I was talking to the new office and she said they are not seeing anybody with possible covid symptoms... only doing video calls.

My husband did do a CVS covid-test the week before and it was negative.

My concern is if someone actually has the virus - are they just supposed to stay home and decide for themselves if and when they might need to go to the hospital? Or is this just the two doctors' offices we happened to have dealt with?

And what about flu season coming up? What about strep throat? I believe you can't really diagnose that without a test - but you could have flu like symptoms accompanying the sore throat and these doctors won't let you in.

I understand the need for caution, but it seems to me if you're really sick a doctor should have enough precautions in place to ensure the safety of everyone.

Oh and I believe my husband has a sinus infection - the antibiotics he finally got this week have been helping immensely. But no one can say for sure without an exam.

Comments (20)