I'm Yeast Rich Now

bcskye

Finally decided today to visit the the store our fire station buys all the supplies for our fish fries. They carry the Marion Kay spices and breading that our guys use. Well, they carry the yeast I like in two pound packages so I bought two for the freezer. Okay, go ahead and have another shortage, I'm ready. The next time I go I'll take the time to check out everything they carry in bulk. And as I was leaving, my fire chief was coming in so I got whacked on the head with a small sheaf of papers. What a way to say hi.

Madonna

SaveComment4Like3
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morz8

Thanks for the reminder. I have the little 4 oz jar that I was able to find, bought two and have opened the second one. I'll want to start paying attention again - 'just in case', and with cooking weather coming. I'll add yeast back to my list....

I'm glad you're set for lots of lovely baked things.

1 Like Save    
annie1992

Hooray for you, Madonna, that ought to last a really long time! That whack in the head was just a "love tap", as Grandma used to call it, LOL.

Of all the shortages we have experienced I'm just really, really glad I never ran out of yeast or flour! And, like you, I just bought 2 pounds of yeast for the freezer. I still have lots of wheat berries for grinding, so I can always bake bread.

Annie

1 Like Save    
Lars

So happy for you! I went into a bit of a panic when I could not find any yeast, but fortunately I have plenty now - at both houses. I've become a bit absent-minded when baking bread lately, however, but I do consider that to be a passing trend - I've been absent-minded in the past as well.

Now you just have to make sure that you can always have flour. For a while, that was difficult for me to find, but I hope those days are over. I have a supply of wheat berries in L.A. for grinding and a good supply of whole wheat flour in the desert, where I have more freezer storage space.

1 Like Save    
agmss15

I just stocked up - a pound of yeast and 50 pounds of Sir Galahad (KA all purpose). Now I need just need rain so I can use my outside WF oven.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Winter Gardening 6 Reasons I’m Not Looking Forward to Spring
Not kicking up your heels anticipating rushes of spring color and garden catalogs? You’re not alone
Full Story
Life 10 Things Around My Home That I’m Thankful For
A designer shares the comforts big and small that she is grateful for
Full Story
Color Beyond Greige: 8 Sophisticated Paint Colors to Try Now
Ready for a shade that doesn’t rhyme with beige? Try one of these rich hues for your next room makeover
Full Story