SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky22546

Replacing a Kitchenaid refrigerator & would love recommendations

3 years ago

I’m really irritated that I have to look at refrigerators again! My Kitchenaid was only 15 months old when we started having problems. I need to replace it and given the poor reliability of this fridge, I’d like to avoid the entire Whirlpool family. It is a long list, but the big players includes Whirlpool, Kitchenaid, JenAir, & Maytag. I’m looking for something that will coordinate well with my other appliances which include stainless steel GE speed oven, 30” Kitchenaid Range and a 800-series panel covered Bosch dishwasher.
This is our current model: KRMF706ESS-KitchenAid® 25.8 Cu. Ft. 36" Multi" Door Freestanding Refrigerator with Platinum Interior Design. https://www.homedepot.com/p/KitchenAid-25-8-cu-ft-French-Door-Refrigerator-in-Stainless-Steel-with-Platinum-Interior-KRMF706ESS/206093715

I’d like to stay at a similar price point (or less!) if possible. I’m looking for a 36” with either French doors or freezer on bottom. (We have a freezer In our pantry). I’m also considering interior water dispenser and ice maker without dispenser, but ultimately it will come down to price. If anyone has gone from exterior to interior dispenser, I’d love to hear how you like it. I’m also looking for full size fridge instead of counter depth. During framing, we recessed the wall behind the Fridge such that a full size can be pushed backed to line up with the counter/cabinets.

Comments (12)