Bits and pieces?
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Foxhollow - bits & Pieces
Comments (25)Very nice selection of plants Stephen! Can you tell us the background info about the Picea abies 'Holey Family no. 1'? Is this a witches' broom or a seedling selection? How many more numbers are there from this serie? The true cultivar name for the Chamaecyparis laws. 'Nymph' is 'Ellwood's Nymph'. I think your Tsuga mert. 'Mountain Light' reverted for about 90%. Did you never consider to cut off the green parts? I found a simular variegation at my nursery which is more yellowish....See MoreDacor Review (in bits and pieces over time)
Comments (11)My feelings about the oven are kinda mixed; like the oven performance. There are really good things about the oven and some of the other. The good things: (1) Seriously, the door design is really good. The doors is flat and doesn't have gaskets - the gaskets are on the oven body. It's pretty thin but also feels heavy and stays where ever you put it. The door has vents near the top, but not on the top. Those vents align with some on the oven body. I guess you could manage to drop something into the vents, but it would take some work. (2) Although it will not fit a full sheet pan on a rack, it will fit a half sheet plus a quarter sheet per rack. Or a chicken roaster and two sides on one rack. It comes with 3 racks, but 4 or 5 could fit depending on how many were glide racks and what you were making. (3) Once its made up its mind about temperature, it's bang on and will not move at all unless I leave the door open for a while (but see 3 below). (4) The porcelain color of the oven is just a few shades off from burned. That means that stray people who look in the oven aren't going to be able to tell I haven't cleaned it. I do wipe it down every couple of uses but haven't done a big cleaning yet. Most stuff wipes out. I'm considering steam cleaning the sides. (5) The broiler works fine and has a lot of coverage - like a half sheet pan, centered. And, the instructions say never to clean it. If it looks dirty, just run it for 10 minutes to burn the stuff off. That's kitchen gear I can support. (6) Hugeosity! Many loaves at the same time, many dishes at the same time like 3 pans of lasagne plus 3 other casseroles. (7) Gliding rack. If they didn't want a small fortune for extras, I'd have three. This is one of those things that you didn't know you wanted until you have one. (8) It's thermally cool. There isn't a lot of waste heat pouring at the front or through the top or sides. The heat is channeled to the rear vent and it goes right out the hood. (9) The convection fan is protected by a grease filter that goes into the dishwasher. It should keep the fan working well for a longer time. The filter is easy to take off and put back. The bad things: (1) Parts of the oven floor and upper oven back have sharp edges. (2) Only one light - kinda cheezy when the oven is that big and its color that dark. (3) I bought an oven thermometer and learned to use it. The oven has something of a mind of its own when it comes to temperature. First, results improve a lot if you give the oven 45 minutes to preheat and ALWAYS use the fan while preheating. Even then, occasionally it will decide to use some other temperature - and that temperature will be as much as 75 degrees off in either direction. To "fix" that, I open the oven door for a while then close it and it will most likely be at the knob temperature when it recovers and then will stay there. Strangely, turning the oven off briefly and then on again will not reset whatever is causing that. If you don't use the convection fan, try prayer because anything could happen. In my tests, only one in ten oven starts are the correct temperature. Whatever they use as an oven temperature controller, it doesn't seem to be able to figure out what's going on in the entire oven. I wonder if the controller used just can't run an oven that large. Or maybe I gotta busted thermostat or something. Someday, when the weather is better, maybe I'll complain. I have two years and 10 months left on the warranty. As many people know, if you have a sporadic problem, it ain't getting fixed until they can reproduce it. (4) The gliding rack is difficult to remove. It's easy to put back in. Overall, I still like it, even with the goofy oven temp thing. At least I know how to get by until I want to get it fixed. And I know the old nxr ran pretty hot and the stinkin' GE profile ran pretty low - from my trusty oven thermometer. Best thing so far was lemon-blueberry cake, slightly dense with sweetened, beaten cream cheese between each of 4 thin layers. Made me wish I had a tea table....See MoreBits -n- Pieces (of garden)....
Comments (5)I agree, the heather is lovely in it`s muted colors. But the Susan is special with it`s sparkly water drops. Nice capture! ;))...See MoreBits n Pieces 2
Comments (3)Thanks Jacqueline and Doris... Those lilies grew up to 4 1/2-5ft..alot taller than last year...one did fall over but they stayed up pretty good! Juanita...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDESMosaic Tile Designs That’ll Thrill You to Bits
Whether you go for simple stones or imaginative expressions, a mosaic can turn any surface into a work of art
Full Story
COLOREvery Room Needs a Little Bit of Black
‘I’ve been 40 years discovering that the queen of all colors was black.’ — Pierre-Auguste Renoir
Full Story
SALVAGEReinvent It: A Shipping Container Goes a Little Bit Country
See how resourceful horse owners turned low-cost storage into a country-style barn for hay
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: Cool, Calm and Just a Little Bit Daring
Melbourne homeowners go for a sophisticated contemporary look in their first home as a married couple
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESTransitional Style: A Bit of Modern and Traditional
Balance Old and New With a Mix of Simple Lines, Neutrals, Warmth and Light
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: 20 Decor Pieces to Pull a Room Together
Use these rugs, pillows, holders and other pieces to give your rooms a finished look
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNTurn a Favorite Piece of Furniture Into a Vanity
Add a Bathroom Sink to a Sideboard, Farm Table, Vintage Chest or Desk
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Reclaimed Wood Pieces Full of Character
Bring a sense of history and depth to your rooms with furniture, lighting and art made from upcycled wood
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: 20 Almost-Unbreakable Mealtime Pieces
Sure, you could run 'em over with a bulldozer. But these sturdy and shatterproof glasses, dishes and accessories are much more fun to use
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: 20 Decor Pieces for That First Home Away From Home
Gather ideas now for a comfy and stylish dorm room in the fall — or try these finds in a new grad's first solo digs
Full Story
cookebook