SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfmcminn

color experts: 125% SW Greek Villa and SW Alabaster same formula?

dfmcminn
3 years ago

I have been looking forever for the best white paint for the majority of my house. To include ceilings walls in the kitchen halls living Room dining Room family Room. I got several Ben Moore paints and 2 weeks ago got a sample court of Sherwin Williams alabaster. I love Greek villa also and wanted to see what it looked like at a 125% because it just seems too light to me I wanted something a bit richer with a little bit lower lrv around 80. Tonight I popped into my local Sherwin Williams the same place that made the alabaster and I asked for Greek villa at a 125%. The girl told me the formula and I knew that Greek villa at least I have another gallon of enamel paint Greek villa has black and deep Gold in it. She fed me some mumbo jumbo about it being a different formula. She was also unhappy that I was there at like 10 till 5 because they close at 5 never mind that I leave my house at 8 o'clock to work all day and I hadn't even been home from work yet. I took the paint out to the car and thought this doesn't really look like Greek villa at a 125%. And lo and behold when I got home and put them side-by-side the formulas are exactly the same it's the same kind of paint Sherwin Williams cheap satin court but those paint formulas are exactly the same. Do we think that a mistake was made with the Greek villa 125%. The only way for me to be sure is to go to another Sherwin Williams store tomorrow and inquire about take both cans of paint both courts and show them. I do know this because of the constant screw UPS this is not the 1st time I've had difficulty with Greek villa. I had my whole house painted during an extended stay away and when I get home I don't think they put any color and into the ceiling paint I believe my ceiling paint is high hide extra white ceiling paint with no colorant in it. I will be going with a Benjamin Moore probably dune white or white dove at a 125%. But I want my money back even though it's $7 I deserve my money back for the mistake does anybody know if it's possible that those 2 formulas would be exactly the same I don't think they would be because I know Greek villa has black in it. thanks to the sw color experts on the forums.

Comment