SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandchicken1984

Pro style range hood selection

Dave H
3 years ago

Hi everyone! I think I am pretty set on the appliances and layout of my kitchen, but the range hood is giving me some challenges finding what I want.

It will hang over a Bluestar 36" RNB range with four burners and 12 inch griddle, with max output rated at 113,000 BTUs.

I am looking for a wall mounted "pro" style wall hood, all stainless, 42 inches wide, 18 inches tall and I would prefer 24 inch depth but could go 27 inches if necessary. Ceiling height is 8 feet. I would like to use a roof mounted remote blower to reduce noise as much as possible. I can accommodate 10 inch round duct but it will need to make two 90 degree bends along the exhaust run, with total linear length of 11 feet. I can also accommodate an 8 inch round duct for make up air.

My ideal range would be 42 inches wide, 18 inches tall, 24 inches deep with removable and dishwasher safe baffles, infinite adjustment for motor speed and light dimming, and two heat lamps for stainless wire shelves I will be installing on the back splash. The closest I have found so far is Wolf, which seems to have all of those specs but in a 27 inch depth, but not sure if its strange to have a Wolf hood over a Bluestar range. Another option, local for me, is Prestige which seems to have all of those things except the heat lamps. If they offer heat lamps I would go like to go with them for sure. I reached out to them but haven't heard back yet.

Any thoughts or potential products that could work for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (46)