SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nefarmhouse

Exterior Kendall Charcoal maybe? Will it work with the roof?

nefarmhouse
3 years ago

Hi all, hoping for some quick advice. We thought we had decided on our exterior colors but once the painters started prepping I started having second thoughts. Hoping for quick advice to straighten me out!

I have never loved the beige/cream/cranberry/black scheme of the house. I know that it is classic and it works with the colonial architecture, but it just isn't my favorite. We definitely want to change it up.

I definitely want to do away with the shutters. In order to do this, I think we need more contrast between the siding and the trim. Our idea was to go with a dark blue, or dark gray. Here is what we settled on:

Siding: BM Kendall Charcoal

Trim: BM Mascarpone (only because this is what the BM website suggests as a coordinating color)

Front door: not sure but maybe BM Wythe Blue

Deck: ??? Possibly a lighter gray or maybe a natural wood tone?

So here's the dilemma - I just realized that the roof is almost the same color as Kendall Charcoal. The roof is barely visible from the street but a fair amount is exposed in the back. Also noticed that the Mascarpone looks a little yellow and doesn't match the pure white window casings (which will not be painted).

Questions -

1. I want to keep the high contrast so there will be enough interest without the shutters, but will Kendall Charcoal will work with the roof?

2. Should I go more white with the trim to match the window casings? Will pure white look to coastal?

3. Does Wythe Blue work for the doors? Other suggestions?

4. What color to paint the deck and front doorstep?

*The light fixtures are all being replaced with copper barn lights (gutters and flashing above windows are copper) and the landscaping will be addressed (pachysandra in the mulchy area, pine removed, more color in front, cottage garden in back along deck).

THANK YOU!!!

Comments (11)