SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_kmisso

Need help! Which siding/color to add to house after limewashing brick

Jennifer KMisso
3 years ago

My husband was quarantined due to a covid exposure and in my crazy with worry state of mind I decided to lime-wash the brick on the front of my home (with my 5 kids;) I knew I wanted to change the brick color so I'm fairly happy with it, though I may go back and go pure white instead of slightly distressed. The problem is that now our existing siding just looks bad with the brick. I was leaning towards a white cedar shake shingle but it is much more costly than I imagined because it will be covering 3 full sides of the home and just the top of the front. We are also getting new windows (white with larger grids and SDL and changing the rounded top windows to full rectangles and the octagon to a square) though I haven't decided between Okna 600 and Andersen 400s ( so please share your input there as well.) Never thought to go with vinyl but I'm assuming it's cheaper. I'm also planning on changing the shutters to a wedgewood or lighter blue board and batten type but that is also up in the air. Roof is asphalt black but probably will need replaced in the next several years and I'd love to go gray or metal. Any suggestions on siding choices and colors would be so much appreciated and if you can chime in on windows too that's a bonus;) Horrible picture attached. Can try and get a better one when the sun sets a little.

Comment (1)