SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

It Is Breakfast Time Again!

I am going to have a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich for mine and iced tea to go with it. The tomatoes are from my garden. What are your breakfast plans?

Sue

Comments (36)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    3 years ago

Sue, that sounds great! I've been harvesting some delicious tomatoes, too, and try to use some every day.

This morning I had a toasted bagel with cream cheese, lox, a slice of tomato, a sprig of dill, and a sprinkle of capers. On the other half of the bagel, I placed another slice of tomato topped with an egg, cooked to 'over medium'.

I had my cup of coffee earlier and will drink water all day.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
  • lucillle
    3 years ago

I am just now cooking grits and will have a couple of eggs over easy with them. And coffee.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lucillle
  • Related Discussions

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    3 years ago

Always a latte and oj and today 3 slices sprouted wheat bread with butter.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Breakfast won't happen till about 11 today and for the next 4 weeks the same as DH is doing specialized treatment for his heart condition weekday mornings from 7:30 to 10:30. Can't eat before doing this. I am trying to come up with some kind of mealtime adjustments to make eating times fit into his diabetes and insulin needs. Today it will probably be the usual toast with peanut butter and oatmeal or cheerios for us till I figure out how he reacts to this schedule.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked lgmd_gaz
  • wintercat_gw
    3 years ago

My breakfast was half a pita with butter and feta cheese, cucumber slices as a side. Dessert was double: first an apple and then an omelette spread with strawberry jam and rolled into a roll. My grandmother used to fix me such a strawberry omelette roll and I still like it.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked wintercat_gw
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    3 years ago

Wintercat, did your grandmother put some flour in the omelette? I found a recipe for a German omelette like that which is TDF. Your pita and Feta sandwich sounds delish. I think I'll have that minus the butter, but with the cucumber slices inside. I've had black coffee and will try to hold off eating until Noon at least. I have to start shedding these Covid ponds, but for sure pita, Feta and cucumber sandwich. Thank you for the idea.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

Just had a cup of coffee...probably won't eat anything until lunch time. Ate

too much yesterday, I guess. :)

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Uptown Gal
  • Annegriet
    3 years ago

zucchini bread and coffee

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Annegriet
  • Jasdip
    3 years ago

I've been buying peaches. Peaches are a complete crap-shoot for me. The first container were mealy, so I took them back. 2nd container were hard as rocks and still greenish inside. I put them in a paper bag to ripen. They go from hard to fruit-fly stage in no time.

I love peach salsa, so my salsa was pretty un-remarkable.

3rd container looked nice, but the red sunny side was on top. Again, hard and un-ripened. I rescued a couple this morning to put on my corn flakes.

• wintercat_gw
    3 years ago

Zalco, I think she did, or could it have been cornflour? I never asked her at the time, and later on I tried adding flour but didn't quite manage to reconstruct the original, so I just cook an ordinary omelette sans salt. She wasn't German :) It's possible she might have reinvented that German omelette on her own as she was a wizard cook.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked wintercat_gw
  • marilyn_c
    3 years ago

Jody had oatmeal. I offered a steak, which is what I had, but he watches his weight. I work outside all day, so I have supper for breakfast.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked marilyn_c
  • stacey_mb
    3 years ago

I had Red River cereal cooked with .5 oz of raisins, milk and an orange. Lunch will be a slice of bread with Brie cheese and tomatoes with a sprinkling of basil. Maybe an apple for dessert.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked stacey_mb
  • nicole___
    3 years ago

Two flour tortillas with butter & cinnamon sugar.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked nicole___
  • tvq1
    3 years ago

A bowl of fruit-cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries and blueberries. And a small bowl of oat groats with soy milk. Mmmmmmmm good!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked tvq1
  • happy2b…gw
    3 years ago

I ate after DH and I took advantage of the mild weather this morning to clip and cleanup some bushes. Cheerios with blueberries and milk from the farm stand,

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked happy2b…gw
  • eld6161
    3 years ago

I made a blueberry loaf and decided that would be my breakfast.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked eld6161
  • maifleur03
    3 years ago

I ate a lot this morning trying to get rid of muffins before they turn moldy. A cranberry orange muffin, slice of swiss cheese, and a cup of coffee. Once the last muffin is gone tomorrow back to fruit with a slice or sprinkle of some type of cheese for breakfast. Luckily the grocery store has changed to a smaller size muffin because the old size was not enough when cut in half but too much whole.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked maifleur03
  • jakkom
    3 years ago

Roast chicken breast (leftover) and prosciutto sandwiches, Indian lentil soup.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked jakkom
  • ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    3 years ago

I ate a popsicle for breakfast. I had to spray all the tomato plants this morning early, trying to beat the heat, but I was still hot and dehydrated when I got done. Probably have cheesy toast for lunch.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked ediej1209 AL Zn 7
  • Elmer J Fudd
    3 years ago

jakkom, what time is breakfast at your place? I'll be there tomorrow morning!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • glenda_al
    3 years ago

Cleaning lady is here and we're having whoppers, 2 for $5.00 Neither of us had breakfast.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked glenda_al
  • Kathsgrdn
    3 years ago

I had a BLT with a tomato from my garden yesterday. ( : Today I had a few green beans, okra and part of that tomato and a couple cherry tomatoes with a scrambled, cheesy egg with green onions from my garden. Also iced chocolate Stok coffee with a little milk.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Kathsgrdn
  • OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

I don’t even want to read what wonderful things everyone is eating today because I am having clear liquids all day! Ugh! The ‘C‘ procedure tomorrow. I would not be doing this if it wasn’t necessary.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked OutsidePlaying
  • socks
    3 years ago

Sure makes for a miserable day, doesn't it? Hope it goes well tomorrow.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked socks
  • DawnInCal
    3 years ago

Half a grilled hot link, toasted English muffin and fruit salad topped with home made yogurt. A little prik (ground, dried Thai chili peppers) for a bit of kick sprinkled over the fruit/yogurt.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked DawnInCal
  • Elmer J Fudd
    3 years ago

outside, you can take notes and look forward to choosing something for after the procedure. Good luck, it'll be over quickly and you'll be back to normal.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • DawnInCal
    3 years ago

Best wishes OutsidePlaying. The prep is the worst part of it; the procedure is easy except for the invasion of privacy.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked DawnInCal
  • OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

For sure, not being able to actually chew something is the worst. This is the third one I have had over a span of 20 years, and I think maybe easier than when I was working. Slower metabolism now I’m sure.

Thanks for the good wishes. I just want to get the issues I’m having resolved, hence this procedure which is the only way to know for sure since other recent tests have shown nothing.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked OutsidePlaying
  • rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    3 years ago

I'll be thinking of you, outside. Knowledge is power. I truly understand the need to get to the bottom of a medical issue and hope you find some answers tomorrow.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
  • amylou321
    3 years ago

My breakfast. Just had it when I made it to work. A grilled cobb salad from zaxbys,no fried onions, and I took the toast and fed it to the birds in the parking lot. I really REALLY wanted to eat it though. 😕

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked amylou321
  • mercurygirl
    3 years ago

Quite often in August, breakfast is insalata caprese and/or berries of some kind. If I have leftover roasted zucchini, peppers, and sausage, I make frittate sometimes. If lazy, I just eat 'em.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked mercurygirl
  • bragu_DSM 5
    3 years ago

outside, I feel for ya. Forgot to stop taking my blood thinner so mine [sked for today] got postponed three weeks, after being postponed by covid concerns [not me, at the hospital] earlier this year ....

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • Yayagal
    3 years ago

Two cups of coffee and one Belvita biscuit for protein. My everyday breakfast.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked Yayagal
  • tvq1
    3 years ago

Homemade egg bites, a bowl of fruit and sliced tomatoes, just because we are OVER RUN with tomatoes from our garden!

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked tvq1
  • WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

Had about 1/4 of a tomato, lettuce, and cheese sandwich leftover from last night, so had that this morning with about 2 tiny bites of leftover avocado slice, and a cup of black coffee.

Marilyn Sue McClintock thanked WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES