Breakfast Time on Sunday!
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (35)
Related Discussions
Time to Post A Few for Sunday
Comments (12)Thanks for looking. Jean, I am probably at peak bloom right now. I wasn't able to post for several days, so had to pick and choose to post today, Maryl, Ranger Bob came off the lily auction three or four years ago. It had been somewhat overshadowed by a Bridal Wreath Spirea which I pruned pretty hard and it is enjoying the sunshine. Ruth, Clown Parade's color varies some with the heat here. The cooler it is, the brighter the red and the less yellow to it. I fell in love with Red Eyed Fantasy when someone posted pictures here on the forum. Same thing with Rose F Kennedy. They both seem to be very strong plants. and pretty quick increasers. kay...See MoreGoing Out For Sunday Breakfast
Comments (11)I love going out for breakfast on any day except Sunday. Too crowded,screaming kids,harried waitstaff. Not for me. I eat breakfast out often though. I don't order things I could easily do at home. I like to have things like omelettes, burritos stuffed with eggs,chili and topped with Spanish sauce, steak and eggs, pork chops and eggs, Hawaiian waffles, and other things like that. Breakfasts that I don't usually keep the ingredients on hand for and would have too much leftover if I bought them. We are fortunate enough to have several good mom and pop places to eat at so i don't have to deal with the chain food "steamed" eggs and pre-cooked bacon stuff. We have a lot of Mexican places that serve a killer breakfast too. There's one place I love that serves breakfast all day a bit farther away. I don't normally like "skillet" breakfasts but they have a breakfast called the "Kitchen Sink" on the menu. It is potatoes,onions,peppers,ham and cheese topped with eggs however you want them. What makes it sooooo good is the potatoes are diced teeny tiny and are brown and crispy on all sides without being hard. It's served with your choice of toast,pancakes or biscuits Gravy if you want. I can't even finish a half order. I get mine with bacon instead of ham because I only like ham as dinner or fried really well. They always do the bacon diced and crisp before mixing it in. Yum....See MoreSunday breakfast
Comments (17)For years, every Sunday I prepared a big breakfast for my family. It varied little from: sausage or bacon or both; homemade biscuits; fried or scrambled eggs; hash browns; gravy; and orange juice, tomato juice, or apple juice. Occasionally, we would have pancakes instead of the eggs, hash browns, and gravy, but always with homemade apple syrup, as well as maple syrup (not home made). Those were the days we could afford calories every week....See MoreBreakfast Time on Saturday!
Comments (16)-7F in Calgary right now, but feels like -17F. Brrrrr I am going to brave going out in this to go to the Silk Road Spice store to buy more good spices to make Tumeric tea. :) It's delicious and warms the bones on a cold day like today. I am not a breakfast person. We usually have a big one on the weekends, but since my husbands major surgery 3 months ago, that's kind of gone away. My breakfast today consisted of one black coffee, followed by another cup of coffee with coffee flavoured whipped cream on top. ;) I'll probably make us an omelet when I get back from the store....See More
Related Stories

PORCHESPorch-Happy: An Outdoor ‘Den’ for Family Time
The veranda on a couple’s Carolina island vacation home is a favorite spot for eating breakfast and relaxing
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Creating a Cozy Breakfast Nook
A modern table, banquette seating and a few colorful accessories make a spot you'll hate to leave on Sunday mornings
Full Story
FURNITUREProject Rehab: Satellite Dish Now a Mosaic-Topped Breakfast Table
The signal was clear for this satellite dish: It was time for a change
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: A Real Sit-Down Breakfast
Give grab-and-go the heave-ho. To start the day right, treat yourself to a proper breakfast in a cheery spot
Full Story
ARTShow News: Rare Quilts Get Museum Time
See 6 intricate designs from a California exhibition and get tips for building your own quilt collection
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNBreakfast Nooks, Sunny Side Up
Banish early-morning darkness with a bright breakfast nook — even if a window is only in your dreams
Full Story
DINING ROOMS10 of the Coziest Spots for Eating Breakfast
These snug spaces seen on Houzz are great places to start the day
Full Story
Daylight Saving Time: Gain an Hour — and a Bright Interior
Make up for shorter days with splashes of white, color and reflected light
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLHow Are You Passing the Time at Home Right Now?
Share your thoughts about how you are coping with stress and staying grateful during this difficult time
Full Story
LIFESimple Pleasures: The Big Sunday Lunch
Make Sunday afternoons special with a casual, stress-free meal where friends and family pitch in
Full Story
rob333 (zone 7b)