SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenmsteffes

Need SW Exterior Recommendations

karenmsteffes
3 years ago

I’m driving myself a little crazy trying to select a SW paint color for our new house. I want “white trim” I know that. I’ve looked at a lot of pictures of Gauntlet Gray and Dovetail and found a couple pictures of Intellectual Gray that I really like too. I want a mid-tone grey house color that makes the white trim/white garage doors pop. I’m thinking dark front door. I want a timeless look and nothing trendy. We have a tan house now so I want our new house to be a different color. I don’t like grays with purple undertones so I’m a little concerned about Gauntlet Gray or Dovetail in some lighting. We live in the Midwest and the front of our house will face north. My husband doesn’t like grays that have a lot of blue undertones. I like Intellectual Gray because of its green undertones but am concerned it’s not going to have enough contrast with the trim (what white would you recommend?) or that it will come across as tan. I’m not a huge fan of the monochromatic look with two siding colors. I have had such bad luck picking paint colors out in the past that I now only stick with tried and true colors that I can see pictures of online to help narrow it down. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. We will be doing white window frames as well and white porch beams. Thank you!!

Comments (13)