SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fionasol

Wet Bar Design thoughts

fionasol
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are planning a nifty wet bar, and I'm looking for some thoughts on all uppers, or some open floating shelves on one end. There's 36" available there.

Additionally, we're adding a small sink, for occasional use in the bar. I was considering keeping all the uppers uniformly at 20-22"above the counter, rather than using a shorter cabinets just above the sink. Since the uppers can't align with the fridges below the counter, we would have to shorten the middle 36" if we want to have the typical clearance above the sink.

Because we are having a lot of fun with this particular room--we are calling it the "Solarium", a four season room with gorgeous views of the garden on the wall not shown. To the right of the bar, is our game room, which will have a SECRET DOOR! Bookshelves that will swing open into the game room. We're adding some shallow shelves next to it, to help camouflage it against the rest of that wall. This has been a fun planning project.

But, to recap, I'm looking for advice on:

-Floating shelves or uppers above the right edge of the bar?

-Spacing of uppers above bar sink?

Bonus question:

These are IKEA cabinets, and I've only found a drop in sink in the appropriate bar sink size, to fit that 15" cabinet base. I'd love an undermount instead. Any thoughts? We want a wide enough bar sink to rinse out glasses (maybe a blender?), at least 7" deep. I'm new to undermounts and IKEA cabinets, so I'm unsure of the requirements as I plan this.

Comments (6)