SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetandrew

24 inch fridge for wet bar?

sweetandrew
12 years ago

Help! We're finishing our basement and putting in a wet bar area. I think we have at least 8 feet to work with. We *thought* we had decided on separate ice maker and beverage fridge (either U-Line or Subzero), but someone on another forum suggested getting a 24 inch fridge (they linked to a 24 inch Liebherr that is fully integrated) for less money than the separate bev fridge + ice maker. Met with architect this morning re: basement cabinetry details & he thought that wasn't a bad idea. Would give us the ice and the space for drinks plus extra freezer & fridge space, which could be handy as the fully integrated Liebherr we put in our new kitchen upstairs is only a 36 inch fridge.

Thoughts on 24 inch fridge in basement wet bar area vs. separate bev fridge & ice maker? Is the fridge going to use significantly more energy than the bev fridge + ice maker? We used to have 2 apartments in our basement, each with its own kitchen, so we just got rid of 2 old fridges, and I'm a little hesitant to add one back in, but design-wise I think it would work in our wet bar space with 2 ft. for fridge and still 6 more ft. for countertop/bar sink/lower & upper cabs.

Comments (4)