SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dalebandy

Laundry Room Cabinet depth with front loaders

dalebandy
3 years ago

Our laundry room is long and narrow (17.5x6') and we want to put in new cabinets. Our washer and dryer are front loaders that are fairly tall and deep (40"Hx30"D). We considered stacking them, but don't want to be married to front loaders forever and also don't really have the time or budget to move the utilities, so we will leave them as is and add a counter with hanging/drying above. There will be a sink and a pull out for laundry soap on one side and refrigerator and freezer to the other.

I'd love to hear your experiences pro and con with how to decide the depth/height of the cabinets around the washer/dryer.

Lower cabinets: Should we line up the lower cabinet with the washer/dryer to give one longer unbroken counter? Or does that make the sink hard to use? If we keep the sink at normal counter height, do we pull it out from the wall to be the same depth as the washer/dryer, or just keep it at normal counter depth?

Upper cabinets: I know I want 24" deep refrigerator cabinets above the washer and dryer with a bar below, but am unsure about above the sink. If the counters are the same as depth as the washer/dryer, I can only reach the bottom shelf of a normal upper cabinet, so I know I don't want that. Thinking of continuing the high/deep uppers all the way across but there may be cons to that.

Thanks for the help! I've found pictures of each of these configurations on Houzz and done mockups (below) but would love to hear real pros and cons you've experienced.

Hinsdale Showhouse · More Info

2231 Springdale Avenue · More Info

Comments (10)