SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_29620744

Tile layout in awkward bathroom...

Jean
3 years ago

Hi, So I am working on figuring out the tiles for my bathroom. Here is the current plan, please opine. :)

Style: Traditional /transitional.

Current plan is to have a pretty deco panel at the tub end that you will see when you look toward the tub from the door. Then there will also be a pretty deco band as a backsplash around the vanity.

Question: will it look weird to stop the backsplash at the edge of the vanity sides? It kinda seems like it should go all the way to the end of the wall between the tub and the vanity; but if I do that, then it seems that all the walls should be wrapped with the field tile on the bottom with the deco band on top.

Deco panel: Nicer to see as you come into the bathroom, or once you look into the tub area? (eg, back wall of tub)

Here are the tile selections:

Brown-Gray is the floor; white is the primary field tile; mosaic is the deco; and the piece of glass is a coordinating one to the deco that came along for the ride home. White vanity.

Any wall color recommendations?

Here is the mirror and the vanity space:

Should I run the deco up the entire wall behind the mirror?

View from the door:

Tile guy has only installed the cement board, no waterproofing yet. He is very patient, waiting for me to order the tile!

Thanks in advance

Jean

Comments (15)