Kitchen Table members from back then

glenda_al

Remembering get togethers we used to have. Many in the pictures do no post here for various reasons.

This one is from a Texas gathering

This one was in Iowa

Those were fun days!

SaveComment41Like9
Comments (41)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lindsey_CA

Although I never attended any of the KT gatherings, I always enjoyed reading about them, and looking at the photos that folks would post.

4 Likes Save    
hallngarden

Glenda, thanks for sharing. Such happy faces.

3 Likes Save    
Elmer J Fudd

People come and go from groups, participation in anything public ebbs and flows individually, in real life as well as on the internet. Today is different from yesterday, tomorrow will be different from today. Changes are good, to keep things interesting and avoid stagnation.

1 Like Save    
Lucille

And continue to be made. Many of us old and new recognize your value here and in the get togethers, Glenda.

9 Likes Save    
nickel_kg

Change is inevitable, some change is good, some things are worth holding on to. Maybe after the pandemic runs its course someone will step forward and organize more in person get togethers.

3 Likes Save    
seagrass_gw

I've never met you, Glenda, but I picked you out of the photo immediately!!

3 Likes Save    
colleenoz

Glenda, did you not see the thread where Moni stated that it hurts her feelings when people comment about her accent? It makes her feel inferior.

Could you not simply have said, "I recognise her voice"?

4 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

I can't speak for Moni but I would think she wouldn't be offended by a true friend commenting on her accent. I think her post before was more about the perceived rudeness of strangers commenting on a persons accent. Let it go Glenda. You know that someone has no impulse control or filter here. Don't let his problem become your problem. LOL

6 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
Elmer J Fudd

Yes, she's from Oklahoma.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

You missed an important conversation. That's okay.

Reread collenoz's comment and note the people who liked it. .

Save    
arkansas girl

Ol' Elmer, can always count on him stirring the pot.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

And for what? There is no possible good reason for that rudeness, in my opinion.

ETA, wow, Elmer, this feels like a new low for you. Is that even possible?

7 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

How about instead of flagging it, we just quit responding to him. You shouldn't have to lose your thread about our friends both past and present. Let's just quit posting to it. I'm sorry it devolved into such a debacle. You certainly don't deserve this rude behavior.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
terilyn

Ok, this is becoming ridiculous, we can’t have any posts that don’t become confrontational. I miss the teacups!

6 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
Ava

I think some of you love controversy. When Moni"s feelings were mentioned, a simple statement that one was unaware she felt that way would have sufficed.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
Ava

Glenda, I only recognize you and Moni. Has everyone else left, or do some have new user names?

1 Like Save    
wildchild2x2

Ava I was always Wildchild since way way back. Went under Watchme for a while after Houzz took over and back to WC maybe 6 months or so again. There are several new user names. A lot of people had a hard time getting in under their old ones when Houzz took over Gardenweb. Maybe a thread could be started asking people about their username history here? Hopefully no one would come in to try cause problems with it. We used have so much fun here. The meet-ups, the exchanges, the humor.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
Ava

Wildchild, thanks, but I was referring to people in Glenda's pictures.

1 Like Save    
wildchild2x2

Oh I thought meant the entire site. I know Nita,Mary Ann,Dave, Monica and Missy have passed. Flamey is still here. Gabby and Dances are not. I don't know about the rest. But I am sure Glenda could update us or maybe those pictured would speak up. Don't think Buzzard or Yaya are here either.

1 Like Save    
praha

Who was the poster who made that fantastic doll that was sent around the country to various members, that got stuck somewhere and almost didn't make it home, that had the most amazing costumes and experiences (the doll, that is!)? I loved that whole adventure and followed it avidly.

Sable, aka "praha"

2 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

That was Nectarine (Necci)

and Flamingo (Flamey) made her.She still posts here. Hi Sable. How did you become praha?

3 Likes Save    
praha

Thanks, Wildchild! Yes, the wonderful Nectarine, made by Flamey. Such fun, so inventive.

My becoming "praha" is the fault of the GW and my being unable to correct it. My access to the GW went wonky and I haven't figured out how to change it back. Years ago when I was joining the forum, "praha" was a username I considered. It's the Czech pronunciation of the Czech capital, Prague; it was in honor of my Czech mother. There occurred a glitch a few days ago, and when I "fixed" it, my name was changed. So annoying, I like Sable (it's my actual name)!

Sable, aka "praha".

1 Like Save    
wildchild2x2

praha Are you the same Sable who attended the Moss Landing lunch years ago? With Fairegold and Mt. Woman and others?

1 Like Save    
OklaMoni

Hi Glenda

I love your post! I have absolutely no problems with your statement over my accent.

Please, continue like always.

Love

Moni

19 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
Judy Good

awww Nectarine..... what ever happened to her?

Save    
Ont_Gal

Hi Glenda...I remember those meetings, as a good part of the time, I got to speak to some of them via the good old telephone...thank you for posting and sharing our memories!!

Yayagal

I remember you all planning to meet and the photo shows how happy you were.

1 Like Save     Thanked by glenda_al
glenda_al

Received a very kind email from Moni. That means a lot. And to those of you that responded favorably to this well intended thread a

10 Likes Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Joann created (and perhaps still maintains) a website with many photos and information from and about KT regulars of times past. You can find it here:

KT Gathering Place

2 Likes Save    
Lindsey_CA

This is along the lines of Glenda's get-togethers, only it was virtual. Remember back in March of 2006 when we did a virtual baby shower for Stephanie when she was pregnant with Grant? It was all a total surprise to her, coordinated by her mother (for the life of me, I can't recall her name right now). We all shipped our gifts to Steph's mom. They created a map showing where all of the gifts came from. And Grant just turned 14 last month!

Winter

"awww Nectarine..... what ever happened to her?"

If my memory doesn't fail me, Judy...I think she was returned to her creator [Flamey] for rehab and restoration where she remains to this day.

1 Like Save    
joann_fl

if you haven't been to the KT Gathering place, all the photos & information about the KT is there KT Gathering Place

2 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
lisa_fla

Nectarine came here when my kids were small. I remember because she had a tea party and rode in the Barbie jeep. They are now in their 20's.There used to be so many pics of the getogethers that you would almost feel like you were there!

Suzieque

I've wondered about Steph and how we all celebrated with her about the upcoming (and eventual) arrival of Grant, and then his little sister a few years later (darn - her name is escaping me but it was a lovely name). And Steph's mother was .... um ..... um ..... was it Dolly?

And how about the young woman with the little girl named September? Gee, her name is on the tip of my tongue. And so many other people who used to be here and don't post anymore, but also so many new friends here.

Save     Thanked by glenda_al
Lindsey_CA

No, Steph's mother's name isn't Dolly. As I recall, it's a short name - maybe four letters, but I know it's not Dolly.

Save    
Cherryfizz

Stephanie's Mom was Jenni

undertoad

I was active at the KT in the mid-90s as Coral, and I still lurk here occasionally. Glenda, some of my favorite recipes came from you! Last time I went to a party (in the old days before the virus), I took the marinated cheese cubes from your recipe. Everyone loved them, of course!

1 Like Save     Thanked by glenda_al
praha

Yes, Wildchild, I am that Sable. I remember that luncheon vividly, at the excellent Whole Enchilada, in Moss Landing, and I certainly remember you! We dined outdoors; it was one of those perfect California days! My husband drove me up there from Monterey (I don't remember why I didn't drive myself), and sat by himself with a book in another part of the restaurant, so that we could laugh and gossip and drink in privacy. He loved the food, so it was no problem for him...

Sable, aka "praha".

2 Likes Save    
Suzieque

Aha - yes, Jenni. That was it. I'm sorry that neither she nor Steph are here anymore. And the woman with the little girl September. Seems that she remarried. And her sister used to be here, too.

1 Like Save    
sjerin

I will always remember Trinity Texas. Though we only communicated through emails, I thought she was one of the most lovely people I've ever "met." (She died of a sudden heart attack, and her daughter was kind enough to tell us.)

2 Likes Save    
Lindsey_CA

"Stephanie's Mom was Jenni"

Yes! I was going to say that I thought it ended with an "i" but I didn't. But, yes, Jenni and Stephanie. I know they were active on Facebook even after they quit coming to the table. I would imagine they're still on Facebook, but I deactivated my Facebook account a while ago so I can't check.

But isn't it amazing to think that Grant is 14 now!

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Islands How to Make the Most of Your Kitchen’s Back Side
Move over, backsplash. These ideas make the island’s back side the most interesting part of the kitchen
Full Story
Kitchen Styles 9 Ways to Fit a Table Into a Cozy Kitchen
Take a cue from these (mostly) small kitchens and get inspired to bring dining into your kitchen
Full Story