My school post disappeared

happy2b…gw

This morning I cannot locate the thread I started last night pertaining to the reopening of schools. I asked some questions about how your areas are handling the reopening of schools. I see the thread with one response in my activity log, but not in the list. Even though I admit that maybe I just missed it, I started a new thread on the school topic this morning.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur03

If I did it right here is a link to that thread but my personal thought is this post should remain as Robb's is more personal to their situation.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5968183/children-required-to-go-back-to-school#n=17

Save    
beesneeds

Maybe there has been a flurry of school threads over the last day or two, and mods are shutting them down as excessive amounts of new topics about the same subject? Maybe there has been some unnecessary bickering or other rule breaking behaviors in the threads that are disappearing?

Not sure how Robb's is more or less personal than happy's posting- both of them have school aged family going back to school and their own considerations about it and ways of discussing it. There's a bunch of other members around here with family facing what to do about schools too- every one just as important as each other.

I don't see your original thread anywhere either happy. But in case the newer one wants to disappear, here's the link to show it was there. Retry- Approaching School Year 2020

Save     Thanked by happy2b…gw
matthias_lang

Moderators probably have not removed any back to school threads. Moderators do not seem to work after business hours on Fridays until business hours on Monday. I think you can be pretty sure some one has created extra user accounts so that they could flag the posts enough times to make it automatically disappear.

I do not have school age children, but I'm interested in what parents and schools are working out. If I did have children, I would give it my all to keep them out of crowds.

Save     Thanked by happy2b…gw
beesneeds

I can neither confirm or deny if mods are around on the weekends.. but I'm willing to guess that if someone is utilizing sock puppetry to abuse the report system, mods will notice that.

Save    
ci_lantro

More likely culprit is Houzz's flakey software. I've seen this happen on the Home Repair forum, one that I commented on. Sometimes the thread was there but, more often than not, it was disappeared. Nothing in the thread was the least bit controversial to have triggered Official Deletion.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories