SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Tuesday and Wednesday blooms

Julia WV (6b)
3 years ago

These are ones that opened for the first time this season. Yesterday was spent getting the weed lawn mowed, pulling some of the weeds and then working on some other tasks we needed to get done.

ALLEGHENY SKYLINE - good height (but not 40 inches as registered), not a EMO here when temps dip into the mid 60's overnight and could use a few more buds. I haven't seen any bud drop on this one. It is only 4-5 fans at last count. Yesterday and today photos.

DESERT SHORE - it looks similar to Temporary And Eternal this morning. Height is okay but not 36 inches. I haven't weeded the bed it is in. I plan to eliminate the garden bed soon.

BERMA ABERCROMBIE- opened yesterday and not a good bloom start. Short scapes and barely above the foliage.

CROWN OF CREATION - started blooming yesterday but got a photo this morning.

DYNA GIRL - I wasn't able to get a pick yesterday so this is from this morning. Looks too much like All American Girl. The garden bed it is in hasn't been weeded but I do plan to eliminate the bed soon.

WINTER TREASURE - short scapes and barely above the foliage this year. Not typical for this daylily.

Yes, it is that white in person.

KENTUCKY LUCKY - opened yesterday with many scapes and buds but shorter than I'm use to seeing for this daylily

INCA PUZZLE - opened yesterday with short scapes but lots of them. Hope to get a better pic without the sun hitting the bloom and you can see the pattern on it.

LOST IN THE TOY STORE - opened today. Short scapes but I do plan to keep this one.

THE HOLO DECK = this morning pic. I don't think it has as many buds this year. This is one of the plants that had the black dots on the buds.

LIGHT OF THE WORLD - this morning pic as I missed it yesterday. Barely above foliage and not many buds per scape.

FLYING TRAPEZE - smaller blooms than last year. Several scapes but not many buds per scape as far as I can tell.

GENTLE ON MY MIND - opening today. I plan to keep the one. It is in a bed I plan to eliminate shortly.

Second pic is of the two other blooms on the other side. A EMO here.

SELF DETERMINATION - opening yesterday. Short scapes and less of them this year. Bud count down.

and finally my nature pics. Butterfly on Ribbit Ribbit yesterday morning.

Chipmunk that is terrorizing my gardens.

That is it for today. Suppose to get storms later today. Hope they are right. Weeding yesterday was not easy.

Julia

Comments (9)