SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myrealnameismama_goose

School hasn't started, but we have our first student with +covid19.

We received an automated phone update this morning that a student on a HS team which has already started practices for fall sports, has tested positive. Practice is suspended for two weeks while fellow teammates and staff await test results.

There are more than a dozen cases in the 0-19 age group in our county, but it's not broken down farther than that, and I'd assumed that most of those cases were toward the older range--HS graduates or college freshman participating in senior/spring break trips and parties.

Whenever I drive past the community pool, I see kids playing and swimming, without distancing, so I'm sure there are other cases, or soon will be. It won't be my decision, but I'm worried about my middle-school grandson going back to public school. We live at the far end of the district, so I also worry about the long bus ride in an enclosed space. Academically, he'd be fine with home schooling--he can take or leave the school work ;), but he would really miss the social interaction. We are in a good position to home school, but I feel for all those parents and students for whom it would be a hardship.

Comments (24)